weekend 2nd/3rd December 2006 - The FINAL

mhomuc@mac.com

Reaction score
Hi All,

my last chance to meet you guys on da bike in Ireland is that weekend, after that my GSA is gone...to Cork.
Would be great if we could meet up somewhere close to Dublin !

Really enjoyed all the time hanging out with ya on da bikes....many many thanks to
Jockser
Aidan1150
Sugacube
Padge
Daithi
The Celt
Nud1e
Willsuds
Shinobi
Garfieldus
Brian from Walses (sry don't know you user)
R2D2
and everybody I might forgot !

but afterwards still available to meet ya up in da pubs...and still plan to go to visit Aidan1150 afterwards.... :beer:

:thumb
Hopefully see in that weekend !

Sorry Marcus, I can't make this weekend. :eek:

I will be away relaxing in the :sunshine in Gran Canaria for a week. :bounce1 :cool:

Have a good run out. I will be back from GC on 10 Dec, so we can arrange a piss up for sometime after that. :thumb

Aidan1150 said:
Sorry Marcus, I can't make this weekend. :eek:

I will be away relaxing in the :sunshine in Gran Canaria for a week. :bounce1 :cool:

Have a good run out. I will be back from GC on 10 Dec, so we can arrange a piss up for sometime after that. :thumb

for sure....! enjoy the sun....

I'll do my best to make it to anything you suggest. :thumb

mhomuc@mac.com said:
Would be great if we could meet up somewhere close to Dublin !
:eek: Why, sure there's nothing around there, where's your sense of adventure? :nenau :D :D :D

What ever ya do, I'll do my best to be there, could be great. :bounce1 :bounce1

I'll do my best to meet up.. Any idea of where you'd like to hit for you're last run on the bike?

When's your exams finished?

the celt said:
Lads what about Sat nite meet up for a bite ta eat
and a pint, and then a run out on the Sunday.

I would respectfully suggest the run takes place before the drinking. Just in case ;) :D

Be that as it may, it should be possible to arrange something :bounce1 I'm fairly sure :mmmm I won't get another w/e pass this side of Crimbo but two one-day runs might be achievable :D

I'll see what I can do.

I swore on the way home last night that the bike and I were not going to be out again before the New Year but this is a special exception. I may have to still go through with finally washing my biker clothes as they are no longer waterproof.....and they are causing people to stay up-wind from me.

Padge said:
When's your exams finished?

next wednesday....looking fwd to be back in life....

...just work out with Jockser a possible weekend roundtrip... maybe incl. a night out in Kildare....as soon I have a feedback I will post something...

Hopefully as many as possbile will attend....at least for the biking...really enjoyed it over here...prob. the most I will miss after going back.
2nd I will miss :beer: :D
...but will be around until mid/end of Feb...so there's plenty of time to meet ya guys in a pub....but...my mobility has gone a bit sooner...

Sugarcube said:
I'll see what I can do.

I swore on the way home last night that the bike and I were not going to be out again before the New Year but this is a special exception. I may have to still go through with finally washing my biker clothes as they are no longer waterproof.....and they are causing people to stay up-wind from me.

:thumb looking fwd to....

the celt said:
Lads what about Sat nite meet up for a bite ta eat
and a pint, and then a run out on the Sunday.

I could put a few up bring a sleepbag and you've got
the floor, not the Ritz but cheap :) :) :)

Hiya...just posted something..... :thumb

Daithi said:
:eek: Why, sure there's nothing around there, where's your sense of adventure? :nenau :D :D :D

What ever ya do, I'll do my best to be there, could be great. :bounce1 :bounce1

cool !
...did not lost my sense of adventure...but...understanable for me...a few people are very close to the limit of their families commitment for 2006....

btw...the 2 german fellows asked for a copy of the slieve felim videos....could ya bring one ? :bow

Hi,

sry coming back so late...

Plan is that we meet on Sat. in Kildare @ Jocksers place.
Going out for a ride on Saturday, the following routes planned by Jockser but not fixed, any changes welcome:

West Wicklow & down into Carlow & Kilkenny, maybe as far as Mount Leinster outside Bunclody

Sunday:

Slieve Blooms, maybe a few tracks (depending on what's open) & possibly as far as Birr & Roscrea b4 heading home

If you need a stay over, please contact Jockser, as there might some people get a dry place to stay o/n ;)

Dinner on Sat:
will be either take-away or eat out & we can discuss

Afterwards to a pub, just around the corner or watch the Dakar DVD.

I'm not availale until thursday...so guys, pls discuss.

Cu,

Marcus

I really dont know about this one.

My wife keeps on telling me I should go on Saturday AND stay
over night and do the Sunday as well and that she will be fine all
on her own, but I don't know, I cant make up my mind. I am finding it very
difficult to decide and would appreciate some advice, should I or shouldn't
I bring rain gear?
:(

Good luck with those exams Marcus, a sprinkle of talcum will stop the ink smudging under your sleeve. :thumb
See ye all. :bounce1
Good Night. :white

Daithi said:
My wife keeps on telling me I should go on Saturday AND stay
over night and do the Sunday as well and that she will be fine all
on her own, but I don't know, I cant make up my mind. I am finding it very
difficult to decide and would appreciate some advice, should I or shouldn't
I bring rain gear?
:(

:D :D :D

Daithi, ya won't need the rain gear ;) Forecast is not bad with just a possibility of showers on Sat & Sun and a balmy 7 C :D

As Marcus said there's accomodation available in my place but the beds are going fast - plenty of floor space though ;) Anyone coming a distance is welcome to a bed on Friday nite, brekkie on Sat will be about 09.30 & leave by 10.15. There'll probably be a 'pick-up' in Fontstown on the N9 for anyone who doesn't want to meet in mine. Tour of West Wicklow with bits of Wexford, Carlow & Kilkenny thrown in. Route & lunch location TBC. Finish near Kildare. Bit of grub & maybe a drink for anyone staying ;)

Sunday will be a similar start time but we'll be heading in the general direction of the Slieve Blooms. Some nice roads & the possibility of a few easy tracks for those that wish to avail of them (there are tarmac alternatives ;) ) Each time I go over there are different tracks open so it might take a bit of mooching to find them but we will :thumb

Roll up, roll up :bounce1

Definite no-no for Saturday unfortunately... But will try to head from Longford on Sunday...
I'm sure the plans havn't developed for Sunday as yet, but I'll probably try to meet up somewhere around the sleeve blooms..

Back
Top Bottom