Tyre fitter?

dazco

Anyone know of anyone willing to fit tyres to loose rims?
i can get the tyre off net but finding it increasingly difficult to get anyone to fit em. Sheffield area would be best(Barnsley, worksop, rotherham etc)
Cheers :beerjug:

redstan said:
:rob dazco speak to steve at nat tyres barnsley top bloke :clap
Ditto. All the tyres changed on my 1150 were done here.

Getting something nobblier? :bounce1

getting worried?
Amazed what an 1100 on slicks can do lol
Nah im sick of being ripped of all the time.
seen some Metz Karoos(?) Rear £51, cheepest i can get em supplied and fitted £85( rip off shites)
ok cheers for that, its either that or i take the plunge and do it myself :confused:
O yeah, sprout doubt if ill be doing the offroading in Dec, shoulder still aint right and need the transport for work :(

I'd recommend National Tyres as well. Took mine there the other week (after seeing a recommendation from Room 101 in another thread) and they did a spot-on job. If I remember correctly they charge £20 per pair if you take the bike in, and £10 a pair if you take loose wheels in.

They're at Shambles Street, and the phone number is 01226 284653.

How's that for service :D

Dazco,i would strongly advice yoy to go for tkc,s for your type of riding. The karoo,s are very good for the hard core stuff ,alas don,t last long on tarmac.The tkc,s are far more better for mixed riding. :rob :clap

dazco said:
Anyone know of anyone willing to fit tyres to loose rims?
i can get the tyre off net but finding it increasingly difficult to get anyone to fit em. Sheffield area would be best(Barnsley, worksop, rotherham etc)
Cheers :beerjug:

FFS buy a set of levers & rim protectors and do your own. If you need to balance them buy a static balancer.

Dave

Dellis said:
FFS buy a set of levers & rim protectors and do your own.
Agree for tubed tyres, but with tubeless it's a lot less hassle to get someone with an airline to get them to seat. £10 well spent.

Dellis "FFS" ive never fitted a tyre to a wheel of this size, if you want to show me how to do it, ill be happy enough to watch and learn :thumb
And how much is a static ballancer gonna cost or can i make one out of matchsticks and sticky back plastic?
Spout i could always use our high pressure lines at work, but id have to get the wheel there off the bike and its about an 11 mile walk, but its an idea
Cheers :beer:

dazco said:
Dellis "FFS" ive never fitted a tyre to a wheel of this size, if you want to show me how to do it, ill be happy enough to watch and learn :thumb
And how much is a static ballancer gonna cost or can i make one out of matchsticks and sticky back plastic?
Spout i could always use our high pressure lines at work, but id have to get the wheel there off the bike and its about an 11 mile walk, but its an idea
Cheers :beer:

point taken - apologies - btw a static balancer is abot £70 so if you do all your own it's a worthwhile investment - my last public tyre changing demonstration was at the Donegal meet earlier this year but if you're in Chehire I'll be more than happy to show you how.

Cheers
Dave

thanks for the offer of a demo Dellis, i wouldnt want you doing it specifically for me though.
Ive got a new tyre waiting at fitters at the minute (all paid for etc inc fitting) so next time im ready ill pm you chhers again :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom