Source for HP2 info and Set UP

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
is there a place here on the UKGSER web site where we could have a database on set up and parts availabity for this bike such as

Type of Rear brake pads - Part No - what other company makes them
Front Wheel Bearings - Part No - Bearing size 6004 etc no of and seal /sizes
how to change

Like the recent Change out of the side stand switch and the solution
just a thought and it would make a great reference for these unuasual machines

Like my Current problem

Loose left handle bar Grip , this is mounted to the left handlebar switch and held in place with 2 tapered head Torx screws, while this set up is OK for the Standard GS 1200 " With Steel Handle bars " , on the HP2 with Ali Magura Bars They come loose as the holes elongate! .

There is no cheap Fix as a new set of bars from magura is expensive

What I have thought will work is to get a Steel insert and put it in the middle of the Bars, and with 2 longer Tapered screws tighten up and all should be well. I am getting a machinest to make up the insert and hopefully I can report after the Hafren Rally in 3 Weeks time

Gunner

That sounds like quite a good plan,I'll see what can be done.

The steel insert in the handle bars sounds like a last ditch resort,what happens if the insert works loose though?

Loose Grips

The steel insert cannot work loose as it will be held on to the bars by longer taper bolts , than the standard one's
so in fact the the grip is held onto the ali bars and the steel insert . steel so it will not elongate

Gunner

Vern said:
That sounds like quite a good plan,I'll see what can be done.

The steel insert in the handle bars sounds like a last ditch resort,what happens if the insert works loose though?

Thats the type of thing we want

and if we structured it right maybe like in a excel file
we could quickley find the info we want

Valve Clearances
Fork oil Qty - Viscosity etc
etc

Possu said:
HP2's take the same rear brake pads as the R1200RT.

I think the sticky is the way to go,but we'll have to make sure that it's for information only,and not a million and one posts off topic,if you see waht I mean.I'll do it later :thumb

Back
Top Bottom