Playing In Water

Yellow Peril

Reaction score
Could not resist playing in this puddle today :D was once part of the A39 near Wadebridge:-

DSCF0093.jpg

StkewBridge.jpg

stkewbridge2.jpg

stkewbridge3.jpg

Final one from on board:-

stkewbridge5.jpg

As you can see the GSA12 does do water quite well :thumb

ShaunT279 said:
stkewbridge2.jpg

As you can see the GSA12 does do water quite well :thumb

Hummm not sure I would have tried that as that looked like it would be pretty deep in the middle. Mine is still in the shop nearly four weeks after ridig though here
attachment.php

but I've got to admit not at the same speed. Oh the marker shows 16".

In the middle it was well over the cylinders and got a well wet ass :confused: But she did not miss a beat and I rode though it 4 times, twice with the pillion as well. Went on to another proper ford at St Kew which is normally a little sweetie but raging torrent today so did not risk the the so called foot and half on the marker.

Hope you're back on the road soon :thumb

ShaunT279 said:
In the middle it was well over the cylinders and got a well wet ass :confused: But she did not miss a beat and I rode though it 4 times, twice with the pillion as well. Went on to another proper ford at St Kew which is normally a little sweetie but raging torrent today so did not risk the the so called foot and half on the marker.

Hope you're back on the road soon :thumb

Me too, though I'm not going to hold my breath.

BTW, check your oil out, one of the things I've found with mine is that the engine breather is at the bottom of the air box, any water that got in the air box but not the cylinders has no place to go but down the breather and into the sump.

Also got a great tip from a guy in the Tourtech stand at the NEC, he puts half a plastic coke bottle over the end of the bmw snorkel to stop water from being forced in.

All the best, you are braver than I think I'm going to be in future.

LiquidLAN said:
Hummm not sure I would have tried that as that looked like it would be pretty deep in the middle. Mine is still in the shop nearly four weeks after ridig though here
attachment.php

but I've got to admit not at the same speed. Oh the marker shows 16".
Having looked at the water level under the arches of the bridge, I'm amazed you even thought about it let alone rode through it.....were you on drugs.. :confused:

If in doubt, walk it first or at least get a big stick or something to test the depth... ;)

Yellow triangle just fuel warning ignore for the first 50 miles or so :rolleyes:

Yes pic 5 was pretty good have to thank swmbo for it, taken with a FujiPix F30 which is an excellent point and shoot camera. :thumb

dirtydog said:
Having looked at the water level under the arches of the bridge, I'm amazed you even thought about it let alone rode through it.....were you on drugs.. :confused:

If in doubt, walk it first or at least get a big stick or something to test the depth... ;)

I did ;)

attachment.php

been through it several times before on the bike at 12" and lots of time in a Landcruiser at that depth.

attachment.php

Nice 'n' Fat said:
I suppose a Landcruiser would create a slightly more efective bow wave compared to a GSA :nenau

that and it was fitted with a snorkel it would be pointed up increasing the wade depth... :thumb

Wonder if I should test drive an X5 for kicks... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom