Schwarz, no NI forum but i got a compromise

Status
Not open for further replies.
See you boys soon......... I ve just been offered £19,000 sterling a year for two days a week work on the parades commision ! As they say it's an ill wind.........

Tuned.. Did I dream it, or did I see a slightly different image than the presently attached one last night..

I lost sleep over the original slightly disturbing one...

TUNED IN said:
Image removed again. Same reason as above.

I think you may have the Not-Work-Safe brigade on your back with this little gem...

TUNED IN said:
It must have been re-routed :D

Padge said:
I think you may have the Not-Work-Safe brigade on your back with this little gem...

I have removed it already Padge as it was neither family nor work safe. :eek:

Aidan

not again i had refreshed the link to check and it was still the screen saver before i posted the screen saver :spitfire what did it change too?

TUNED IN said:
not again i had refreshed the link to check and it was still the screen saver before i posted the screen saver :spitfire what did it change too?

Right that's it I demand the right to view the item that was removed as my fathers and for fathers would!!!! :D

PM it ya bollox!

F**k Me !

luke scott said:
See you boys soon......... I ve just been offered £19,000 sterling a year for two days a week work on the parades commision ! As they say it's an ill wind.........

The Wee North Doesnt need any More Edgits , they have their own.
No wonder the province goes Bananas round marchin Season.
And here was me thinkin it would only be , reasonable , level headed
folk on any commission.
Youse Northern Boys need tey look at how its handeled in Donegal ,
I think its the only place where all Traditions are respected.

Aweee Aye , heard a Good un the Day , Bout your N.Ireland Parliment !
The Whole place ground to a Standstill , cos there was a Stone stuck in
the Door ! :rolleyes:

I would just like to state categorically, that I am not and have not ever been or ever will be associated with any Loyalist.or paramilitary organisation, as this post seems to imply, whether Mr Tuned In, meant it to be or not. I am deeply offended by the contents of this post, and even in this day and age, it is still dangerous and loose talk, as there are those out there that are daft enough to come to certain conclusions, and draw certain inferences from same. I am also unsettled by the fact that another moderator, has had to step in and edit a fellow mods post.

Some months ago I took the decision not to post on this particular part of the forum, because of things that had been written in the past. I can see now that that decision was the correct one. I am here for one reason, and one reason only, and that is to enjoy and meet people of like mind. I will state once again, that politics is not my game, I am not interested, and want no part of it, for I am not comfortable with it.
For those that are not aware, I perhaps, naively on my part made a suggestion, for what I thought was the betterment and advancement of the forum and mentioned a perceived dirty word, ‘Northern Ireland’, sometime ago. For that I received some unnecessary and unwarranted criticism, the legacy of which still remains today, as you can see. I am all for a bit of banter, but I find this post ridiculing and offensive, and one I cannot laugh along with.

Gentlemen and ladies, I have made the point as simply as I possibly can, feel free to discuss, criticise openly if you wish, as I am sure you will. I can see by the reaction here that I am the only one holding the opinion that this is not funny, and having my name associated with paramilitary symbolism, is unappreciated. I will leave you therefore too enjoy your Ireland forum. :(

I am all for a bit of banter, but I find this post ridiculing and offensive, and one I cannot laugh along with.
........................I can see by the reaction here that I am the only one holding the opinion that this is not funny, and having my name associated with paramilitary symbolism, is unappreciated

off to the 'club' then ?

bit of banter, my arse.

You're the only one who sees anything in this post - i saw a humerous desktop - which i'm about to send to my missus - who's from NI.

twat

Issues

motomartin said:
I am all for a bit of banter, but I find this post ridiculing and offensive, and one I cannot laugh along with.
........................I can see by the reaction here that I am the only one holding the opinion that this is not funny, and having my name associated with paramilitary symbolism, is unappreciated

off to the 'club' then ? bit of banter, my arse.

You're the only one who sees anything in this post - i saw a humerous screensaver - which i'm about to send to my missus - who's from NI.

I have to say that when I saw the desktop that I fell about the place and then sent it to all of my collegues with NornIron connections.
It is in the spirit of John Pepper and "Give My Head Peace" and is a true reflection of humour of the Northerner, who despite all adversity can still laugh at himself and his countrymen.
My wife and I are Belfast born and bred and rightly proud of that fact. We can take offence like only a Belfast person can, and yet laugh out loud at our caricature stereotype because if you didn't laugh, you'd only cry.
It's all to easy to take offence, but when you're bald, short, overweight, bespectacled and rapidly approaching 60, "Ya auld, baldy, speccy, short, fat bastard" is only really inaccurate in one word, or so my parents assure me.
As such, you appreciate the thick skin that is the essential prerequisite for a good Belfast slagging. If you can't take it, you can always leave, but then you'd miss all the fun.
I'm staying, see ya.

A lot of nonsence about nothing .A bad thing when we Irish cant laugh at ourselves. You know we only do it so we can make the English look smart....Stir Stir .

In relation to the "desktop" thread I feel that when it is personalised then there is a danger that it may offend.. We all enjoy a bit of craic but when a thread has to be edited by a fellow moderator and even then others feel it may not be safe for work enviroment then more thought and vigilance should be taken when posting. Being new to the forum I enjoy the sharing of knowledge, experiences and friendship of those i have already met, however, IMHO, when a long standing member,who has supported the site over a number of years feels aggrieved then should this not be respected. I know the Baron and believe me he enjoys nothing more than a joke ,but feels that this site is for bike related issues and not for others which may offend.

Just let me clarify something here boys, just before it goes any further. On it's own the desktop could be described as humourous, a pop at the 'Give my head peace', brigade. But the fact is, my name is apenned to the thread, and it is directed at me, as stated meant or not. This is were inferences can easily be drawn, and that my so called friends is what I find offensive. Also when I first viewed it, there was also a picture of a naked man with his cock in his hand, I did not get the chance to read this as it was deleted almost immediately. I have no idea if it referred to me or not. Perhaps I could have then laughed with the rest of you, if my name had not been there. I can assure you I have not thrown the teddy, or spat the dummy, and will not stop talking to you or Tuned because of it. Yes on this occasion I have a different opinion, and have stated so, I'm not just going to sit back, when I feel something needs to be said. However, it doesn't take to long for the name calling to start, when your not following the herd now does it. Don't forget this is the second occasion something like this has happened here, when my name was put to a riotous photograph, of 'twats wrecking Dublin', which was in the middle of a fairly serious discussion. Again had this been done with in the context of a previous bit of fun it might have been funny at the time.
So I have my reasons for posting what I did, if you want to 'dis' me by calling me silly names then so be it. I am not humourless, and can enjoy a good laugh with the best of them, but I am not going to fall into line, when I feel my opinion should be heard. :thumb

I'm sorry Schwarz but without totally knowing what has happened earlier, I am pissing myself laughing at the thought that Tuned has gone and got his images all mixed up. He's done it again clearly! What he's doing with that kind of photo is another question! I didn't take any offence by it nor do I think it's a dig at you or implying that you have any relation to twats in balaclavas etc.

Liathroid Sneachta !

If you Make snowballs ,, somewan,s gonnie throw them.

Attachments

• baby_crying_closeup.jpg
    baby_crying_closeup.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom