Spelling Countries on Zumo

Allan Davies

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it me??? every time I try and type in Spain, Italy or Germany etc on the Zumo. It comes up with no country found. It's boiling my head!!!! I have been into mapsource (virgin I am) and found all the info I need, say in Austria, but every time I type it in the zumo, it just gives me England (in two languages), same with Scotland etc. Have I got to go into mapsource and download all the country names or wot?? There must be an obvious way, but buggered if I can spot it. Cheers in advance :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you got a Zumo 550 deluxe or just a 550.

The deluxe has all of Europe pre-installed but the 550 only has the UK :thumb

Have tried Espania, Deutchland Italia and every other variation, still no joy, I have the Delux version, and can get into Austria by Going into: WHERE TO and then CITIES and spelling it from there i.e bruck. thats fine but try and enter the Country and no joy. I even have my Passport ready in case I need it!

I've got my Zumo in front of me and press the following;

Where to?
Address
Spell country
Type in 'SP' At this point the system takes over and prompts Spain.

Did you know that you can take screen shots of your Zumo.

Have a go at the above again - and show us the screen shots if you have difficulty.

Allan Davies said:
Is it me??? every time I try and type in Spain, Italy or Germany etc on the Zumo. It comes up with no country found. It's boiling my head!!!! I have been into mapsource (virgin I am) and found all the info I need, say in Austria, but every time I type it in the zumo, it just gives me England (in two languages), same with Scotland etc. Have I got to go into mapsource and download all the country names or wot?? There must be an obvious way, but buggered if I can spot it. Cheers in advance :confused: :confused: :confused:

What version have you got?

If you've got the 500 it won't find spain as you will only have uk and ireland maps loaded on the unit unless you have already loaded them.

If you've got the 550 it will as it has the whole of europe on there??

Let us know.

Mollers01uk said:
What version have you got?

If you've got the 500 it won't find spain as you will only have uk and ireland maps loaded on the unit unless you have already loaded them.

If you've got the 550 it will as it has the whole of europe on there??

Let us know.

He already has in post #4 after i asked in post #3 :thumb

have tried the SP and the rest will have to look at City Navigator NT v9 to see if I can do something from there. cheers for your input. It's really strange as I have Holland, France and Belguim on and all the languages of all the home countries in four or five different languages, and yes all the local settings are for British. I have just looked on the system settings and pressed ABOUT and it says : Cyclops France Data, Netherlands data, Belguim and luxenbourg only, as well as uk and speed camera data base as well. Version 2.20, gps version 2.80 :confused:

Clarification.....

There is no such beast as a Zumo 550 Deluxe.

There is the Zumo 500 Deluxe which has local mapping, ie UK & Ireland pre-installed...but still has the MapSource City Navigator Europe NT V9 disc included in the package for self loading (Pay to Unlock) . The package includes all the motorcycle related mounts, cables, carrying case etc.

Then there is the Zumo 550 Europe which has the MapSource City Navigator Europe NT V9 pre-loaded plus the disc includes as well as an additional car mount, power cable & carrying case.

At Garmin's RRP there is £100.00 difference in price......which is why it makes no sense not to buy the 550......

Cheers

Dutch

I have the 500, I thought I had bought the 550 but got the 500 Deluxe ! Not impressed but there you go.

I presume I now need to load the City Navigator Europe NT V9 in then, is it straight forward (as I suffer from a bit of muppetry), do I have to go into a certain menu ? I have loaded it on my PC and unlocked it so far !

Cheers once again :)

Allan Davies said:
I have the 500, I thought I had bought the 550 but got the 500 Deluxe ! Not impressed but there you go.

I presume I now need to load the City Navigator Europe NT V9 in then, is it straight forward (as I suffer from a bit of muppetry), do I have to go into a certain menu ? I have loaded it on my PC and unlocked it so far !

Cheers once again :)

Hi Allan

Were you 'miss-sold' the 500......or was it a mistake on your behalf..........?

If I were you I'd seriously think about sending it to a well known Garmin dealer in Edinburgh, claiming a warranty fault of some sort and see if it morphs into a 550.......?

Anyway, back to the issue...to load the map data into your Zumo, connect it to your PC via the USB cable supplied and then open MapSource.

Now that you've unlocked the entire European mapset you'll need to highlight each segment using the map tool in the top tool bar (it's the squiggly box with yellow outline......).

As you highlight each segment it will turn pink.

Once you've done all the ones you want to load onto your Zumo click on the GPS image on the toolbar (the one with the arrow pointing downwards) and a box will come up showing that it's found your Zumo (it might just refer to it as a mass storage device) and then say yes to downloading the mapset.

This will take a minute or two after which the entire mapset you selected will now be on your Zumo.

Any problems you can always give me a call on 0131 663 1012....

Cheers

Dutch

Think I was miss-sold but ordered it so long ago can't be sure ! I've ordered the extra bits now anyway, oh well !

Cheers for your advice, I'll try it tonight !

:)

Suck Cess

Cheers for all your help, all sorted now and I am now one very happy bunny. Now the fun of putting next years planned tour on. At least I now know how to use mapsource (ish). lots of info on the forum if (when) i get stuck. Cheers once again. May all your babies have bald heads :beerjug: :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom