Whats your favourite place for....

G.C. said:
This year it was Waternish on Skye.

That's no' what you said when you were there... :confused:

BTW, there's naff all wrang wi' my tent! :nono

camping !

Blackal said:
The campsite at Reraig, between Dornie and Kyle of Lochalsh.

http://www.camping-in-scotland.co.uk/

Lovely site, tucked in at the back of the hotel :beer: :thumb

Al :D

Camping ? Sorry I have to say I only do caravanning :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
It`s just a better class of camping with the added bonus of holding the traffic up ..................even worse the tow car is a Volvo :D :D :D :D

But the GS 12 is still more fun ;)

Mine would be Durness :thumb

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Dunnet Bay caravan club site, this year and last. They have reduced the number of tents now though.
Nice pub just up the road, food and drink excellent :beer:
Site has good toilets etc but no shop.
Two miles of lovely radioactive horseshoe sandy beach 50 yds ,just over the small dunes away.

Shinyface said:
Camping ? Sorry I have to say I only do caravanning :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
It`s just a better class of camping with the added bonus of holding the traffic up ..................even worse the tow car is a Volvo :D :D :D :D

But the GS 12 is still more fun ;)

And here is Mr & Mrs Shinyface's touring outfit available at all major outlets:

My_Little_Pikey.jpg

Caravanning - Pah!

camping

Blackal said:
And here is Mr & Mrs Shinyface's touring outfit available at all major outlets:

My_Little_Pikey.jpg

Caravanning - Pah!

You can always tell a `closet ` caravanner............envy at it`s best ! :eek: If only we had a coloured one :rolleyes:
Anyway how is the gearbox ? :eek: And you can leave my `little pikey `out of this.
Shinyface :bounce1

Top official campsite = Ullapool - see views, good pubs in town and only £4 a night

Top unofficial campsite - a toss up between outside the Glenuig inn or Glen Elg Brochs

Anyone ever camped round the corner from the Glenelg ferry on the beach? Looks like a top spot.

Phil

aye - Ullapool, hard ground , windy, wet dull - see (or sea) views, aye in the early mornin' before the weather has woken up. Town's nice tho'.
Morefield hotel seafood platter is the biznez when in season (month).
I've erred more toward SYHA accommodation now, the folk you meet from all over the world is bril. :clap

glenelg

Phil Clarke said:
Top official campsite = Ullapool - see views, good pubs in town and only £4 a night

Top unofficial campsite - a toss up between outside the Glenuig inn or Glen Elg Brochs

Anyone ever camped round the corner from the Glenelg ferry on the beach? Looks like a top spot.

Phil

I've camped there a few times. a great place, but during the summer it seems to have some tinkery type dudes there for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom