Anyway a wee bedtime story

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
So lads n ladies ive been away for a few days and come back
till a few posts that ta be honest i read half way through
and though i am bored with shit like this..

So here's me own wee story.....
me moto is sick, the camshaft on the righthand side has smashed its cover
to say i am depressed is an understatement, have phoned motorworks and thanks to them i have a 2ndhand camshaft, holder and rockers on its way. For those boyos that dont know me me moto has 130,000 plus on it and i use it everyday for work, i dont want ta give up on me moto but am thinking its time for a change, thinking of getting a bank loan and getting a new moto.
I am now riding around on a Suzuki GN250 so please wave if ya see me....
The thing is if i take out a bank loan for me new moto
i wouldnt have the cash for me trip, talk about depressed.

Anyway what would you boyos do if you where me ?????

talk about rock,hard place joe. :eek:
cant do trip if you dont get a bike,if you dont get a bike you cant do the trip :(

cant the old moto be fixed. :rob
think thats what i would try :thumb

fix the beast... it would be like losin' a leg if you said bye to it

or you could get a fresher 1100 and change your tasty bits over :D

the celt said:
So lads n ladies ive been away for a few days and come back
till a few posts that ta be honest i read half way through
and though i am bored with shit like this..

So here's me own wee story.....
me moto is sick, the camshaft on the righthand side has smashed its cover
to say i am depressed is an understatement, have phoned motorworks and thanks to them i have a 2ndhand camshaft, holder and rockers on its way. For those boyos that dont know me me moto has 130,000 plus on it and i use it everyday for work, i dont want ta give up on me moto but am thinking its time for a change, thinking of getting a bank loan and getting a new moto.
I am now riding around on a Suzuki GN250 so please wave if ya see me....
The thing is if i take out a bank loan for me new moto
i wouldnt have the cash for me trip, talk about depressed.

Anyway what would you boyos do if you where me ?????

Hi Joe,

Nice to see you around these parts again. Have to agree re the former :(

Re the latter, a hard call pal. I know how much you love your travels and your bike ... would there be any value in doing the work to the old gal and using her for the trip and then consider changing on your return depending on how she gets on?

TUNED IN said:
fix the beast... it would be like losin' a leg if you said bye to it

or you could get a fresher 1100 and change your tasty bits over :D

talk about rock,hard place joe.
cant do trip if you dont get a bike,if you dont get a bike you cant do the trip

cant the old moto be fixed.
think thats what i would try

Cheers Kyle n Tuned,
but its just everyweek something else goes wrong,
i love me moto but its costing me wages,
everyday off the road is a days pay

Alte Wolf said:
would there be any value in doing the work to the old gal and using her for the trip and then consider changing on your return depending on how she gets on?

Thanks Alte,
Thats the thing i know me moto inside out, but i need it to
work everyday to pay for the trip. every other day a new problem is
coming up :(

Was looking for this wee pic ... knew I had it somewhere ;)

History in her own lifetime :beerjug:

Remember this day :rob

Celt%20bike%20wee.jpg

U no it makes sense

away to www.mobile.de, where there is a '94 28,000km 1100gs for a little over €4,000. Swap over the best bits from both bikes and sell on the rest. Could cost you less than €4,000 in the end and you can spend another few years killing off the new one.

Quick i'll delete this post.... can't have the 1150 owners know that an 1100 has kicked it :D ... we'll never live it down :eek:

nud1e said:
away to www.mobile.de, where there is a '94 28,000km 1100gs for a little over €4,000. Swap over the best bits from both bikes and sell on the rest. Could cost you less than €4,000 in the end and you can spend another few years killing off the new one.
Joe is Nud1e suggestion close to possible?

That's a hard call Joe! What about a cheap XT for the trip and treat the old girl to a nut and bolt rebuild when you get back. You'll really know her for the next trip?

Nud1e's suggestion is probably the best one though. :(

That's rough Joe. Here's what I'd do:

First of all, you need to sort out a replacement so you can work. Is there any chance you could borrow a bike from someone while you fix up the GS? If I'd a second bike you'd be welcome to it but I don't :nenau Somebody else might though...

Failing that, I'd pick up a banger just to keep you going for now. An old 250cc should hold its value so you'll get your money back when you sell it. Can you keep the GN250 for the time being?

Back to the GS - I know it's a pain when it's not going but try to look objectively at what it'd take to fix it. If it's a few hundred yoyos and a couple of weekends work, then it'd be a shame to give up on her for the sake of that. Also, if you get it going and really want a change then, it'll have a lot more value than a fixer-upper.

Anyways, keep the faith. :thumb

w00kie said:
If I'd a second bike you'd be welcome to it but I don't :nenau Somebody else might though...
:thumb

Would ya like a GS/PD for a while, I haven't ridden the bloody thing in
months, still starts off the button though :thumb Yours till you're sorted. :D
In my previus post what I was thinking was my brother has an 1100GS, and
he hates it :eek: We could beat him up till the appropriate price is agreed. :koi

Daithi :thumb

Daithi said:

Daithi

This is why I love this site! Hats off to Daithi.

By the way, how much would it cost to get your own bike back on the road?

Daithi said:
he hates it :eek: We could beat him up till the appropriate price is agreed. :koi

:clap :clap :clap

:thumb

Daithi said:

Fair play to you Daithi. :clap :clap :clap

Sugarcube said:
This is why I love this site! Hats off to Daithi.

By the way, how much would it cost to get your own bike back on the road?

Me too :thumb

the celt said:
I dont want ta give up on me moto but am thinking its time for a change, thinking of getting a bank loan and getting a new moto.
The thing is if I take out a bank loan for me new moto I wouldnt have the cash for me trip, talk about depressed.
Joe,

You know in your heart that you can't let the old girl go :nono . If you sell her the new owner will get another 130,000 with no problems. The more you fix (and it sounds as though there's quite a bit), the less there is to go wrong. If you want, I'll come over to the old country and lend you mine while I fix up yours (after the Crimble and putting up herself's new greenhouse :rolleyes: ). The trip is sacred. Better the devil you know.......................

Regards, Mick :beerjug:

Attachments

• JJWBMW.JPG
    JJWBMW.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 180
Tough call Joe but I'd take Daithi (fair play young fella :clap ) up on his offer, its a lovely bike, and spend the next few months tartin' up the 'green meanie' for the big trip. Ya know it wouldn't be the same without her :D

If it was any use to ya I have a bit of garage space available if ya need somewhere dry to work on her. You'd get down in an hour on a Sunday morning & could spend the day fettling. Its available for as long as ya need it & we might even be able to rustle up the odd cup of rosie ;)

Back
Top Bottom