Xmas run

rdover

Reaction score
As my life is an official Xmas free zone, I have an empty from 24th to 29th inclusive adn will be keen to get out for at least one bike run. Dates are dog sitter dependent but the 27th looks favourite.

The route follows the first section of my Round the Bend Tour.

Plan as follows
Leave Dumbarton ~ 10am A82
A83 Arrochar
A83 Inverary
A83 Lochgilphead
A816 Oban
A828 Fort William for lunch

Return leg
Fort William
Kinlochleven
then home - wherever that is.

Round trip Dumbarton - Dumbarton is 239 miles 3hr 40min

There is likely to be a mix of bikes ie (not GS only)

Comments, suggestions etc .....

Just one suggestion . . . . Include me in :bounce1

I can't make 24th to 26th inclusive though - We do celebrate Christmas.

Voyager :thumb

This year I shall mostly be pulling crackers!! Abeit 140 miles off the east coast of Scotland floating around like a cork!!!

Enjoy the empty roads but watch for carelessly discarded (mice pies, puppies, warpping paper & sock/jumper combos). Oh and not forgetting Hi-karate gift sets.

27th is still looking good for most people so weather pernitting I'll be doing a wee run out to test my new 12GSA on the first leg of the Round The Bend Tour 2007. Meeting point will probably be at teh Esso Garage/Little Chef just before Milton Animal Rescue place http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....m=0&scale=25000&multimap.x=106&multimap.y=118

Time to be announced but as teh route is about 250 miles (back to the starting point, earlier is better so 9.30am is probable. BTW I'm planning bail out options at Oban and Loch Linnhe in case of extreme cold or boredom.

AndyT
ummmm am I missing something? I know Christmas is not my thing but I'm sure it's on the 25th and we're going on the 27th.

Just in case you meet us on the wrong day, like.:eek:

Latest update:

Due to availability of dog sitters I can only make Thursday 28th Dec so the date of the Xmas run (for those wishing to join me that is) is moving by 1 day.

The route and plan remains the same as follows

The route follows the first section of my Round the Bend Tour.

Plan as follows
Meet at Esso/Travelodge at Milton at 9.30am
Leave at 10am A82 to Tarbet
A83 Arrochar
A83 Inverary
A83 Lochgilphead
A816 Oban
A828 Fort William for lunch

Return leg
Fort William
Kinlochleven
then home - wherever that is.

Round trip Dumbarton - Dumbarton is 239 miles 3hr 40min

There is likely to be a mix of bikes ie (not GS only) and is weather dependent as always. Can anyone joining me please pm me their mobile phone number. Mine is 07946 60 50 67 email rdover@volvoc303.co.uk

It'll have to be either freezing or chucking it down all day for me not to be going ....... mad? yes. Stupid? perhaps.

Lochy bar for lunch
Will see ye there as its 150miles south for me

May as well put the sheckles intae a tossers pooch
28th will day me:thumb

I've been pondering about maybe trying to manage the lunch meet on the 28 th and then realised that I go back to work on the 27th...D'oh! I came to an agreement with my Boss to work between Xmas and New Year so as to free me up for a week off in January to go Germany for my Dad's Birthday.

Regardless, I just found out today that SWMBO has a hospital appointment on the 28th so I wouldn't have been there anyway...

...Hope you all have a great day out and remember lads: This Christmas, leave enough room in your bellies for a Lochy lunch :thumb Either that or get Santa tae bring you bigger biking breeks :D

I've been pondering about maybe trying to manage the lunch meet on the 28 th and then realised that I go back to work on the 27th...D'oh! D

Me too , off all this week tho :D should really put the GS back together :mmmm

Oonyack's plan for lunch fits in nicely

Meet at Esso/Travelodge at Milton at 9.30am
Leave at 10am A82 to Tarbet
A83 Arrochar
A83 Inverary
A83 Lochgilphead
A816 Oban
A828 Fort William for lunch at about 1pm ish

Leave when we're ready and head off home.

155 miles there about 90 miles back to the start.

Back
Top Bottom