Autocom power feed

Trooper

Hi all have got a Autocom Super Pro AVi. Could anyone tell me where to pick up the power feed from. Also I was told I would need the latet verion of software intalled on my bike else it would cut out after 60 seconds or so.

The bike is a March 2006 1200 Aventure.

Regards
T

John Armstrong said:
Common solution is to get it off the accessory socket. Either using a bm type plug, or solder onto the back of the socket.

Thanks for the reply I'll probably solder it, although the bike is so new to me I dont know where the accessory socket is located or what a BM Type plug is :rob

I'll have a look tomorrow :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Autocom recomend that you power it from the side light bulb wire in the headlamp.

Thats where my Garmin 3 & my Superpro avi is powered from and it works just fine, and there are no problems with the canbus sytem.

You could also power it from the small socket that is just behind the headstock, this is the power supply for the BMW Satnav system.

Bob

For a really neat job that doesn't involve soldering or occupying the aux socket get a " Power Socket kit from your dealer. Takes 30 seconds to fit and can be removed when you sell the bike. It piggy backs onto the rear of the aux socket giving you about a metre of cable so you can mount the Autocom pretty much anywhere + you get a spare socket.
BM part number 71 60 7 685 121

Back
Top Bottom