Defected to a Honda

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
NOT QUITE

Bought a HRC Honda Montesa 4RT 250 last night for a bit of winter trialing to keep me bike fit

Trick bit of kit from HRC with programmable fuel injection (you can buy the soft ware and alter performance via a switch on the bars :thumb ) and a 4 stroke motor in an alloy frame and the alloy tank is a work of art.................Honda HRC do make some lovely bikes

Positively svelte (unlike me :D :D ) @ around 70kg's compared to a GS

The 4 Banger motor sounds lovely with a deep growly bark

Hardly done any work and half the RRP price when bought new last year :eek: - That's steep depreciation :eek:

Montesa4RTRightTank.jpg

Montesa4RTLeftSide.jpg

Montesa4RTLeftFront.jpg

Hopefully be out on Sunday @ Scarborough Trial

very nice Johnny

But where the heck do you mount the touring cases???? :rolleyes: ;)

It's a start. It'll look cracking with some muffs and a gaucho :D

JohnnyBoxer said:
Feck the panniers Bert, there's nowhere for a Corbin or Sargent seat even :eek:
Pity! but it is drop-dead-gorgeous though :thumb
Guess the sum of TT parts would weigh more than the bike :D
But that saddle...did I say saddle....I meant cheese-wire..... I guess you must spend all your time "up-on-the-pegs" with this one if you value your chances at passing on your DNA :D
Enjoy!

Kenny said:
Mate...can I borrow it please ;)

Only if you don't run me down with it................ :D

Seriously Kenny it would be ideal for you to 'hone' your off-road skills on in say a Quarry or Wood

Because it's very light @ 70kg, very flickable - but has plenty of grunt and has a very low seat height at about 20", so you'll get both feet flat on the ground with bent knees and most importantly for you it's very crash resistant :p :p :thumb

Mind me asking what sort of money it was? I sold my Fantic in 2004 and regret it but if I get another one I want a 4 banger.

JohnnyBoxer said:
Only if you don't run me down with it................ :D

Seriously Kenny it would be ideal for you to 'hone' your off-road skills on in say a Quarry or Wood

Because it's very light @ 70kg, very flickable - but has plenty of grunt and has a very low seat height at about 20", so you'll get both feet flat on the ground with bent knees and most importantly for you it's very crash resistant :p :p :thumb

I didn't actually run you down......just simply nudged you over the side of a bridge and then my g/s decided to have sex with your g/s...not my fault at all !!! ;)

Actually..looks like I'm going to sell my G/S and return to Honda/Suzuki to play with :)

Kenny said:
Actually..looks like I'm going to sell my G/S and return to Honda/Suzuki to play with :)

You know you're going to regret it

Anytime you want to play out on the dirt or road, let me know and I'll be there :thumb

Spikehammer said:
Mind me asking what sort of money it was? I sold my Fantic in 2004 and regret it but if I get another one I want a 4 banger.

£4600 new in Aug 2005 & only paid just over half that in Dec 2006 with a spare new rear mudguard worth £60-70 and it's only done 5-6 trials in Cotswolds which would have been mud and roots so it's virtually unmarked.....bargain

No more than 30 hours use I reckon, if that

Is the motor as torquey as they're meant to be then?I love those things,where did you find it,I thought they were like chickens teeth??

Lend it to Kenny,and when he falls off and kills himself,I'll snaff his 100 :thumb

JohnnyBoxer said:
Seriously Kenny it would be ideal for you to 'hone' your off-road skills on in say in Tescos empty car park at 3am

Fixed it :D

Johnny

do you have someone walking in front of you laying rubber car matts over any rocks that you may be going over, so as not to scrape the sump guard

just an observation !!

That looks great, i was bought up riding 4 stroke trials bikes, and never really got used to the two-strokes Had a couple of TY250's one with a shirt frame and a 250 Kawasaki Trials a KT250 i think :nenau Many years ago now I'm afraid :eek:

I'd still like a go on one like yours though :thumb Looks fun :D

Shep

Nice bike John are you going to set up a section around the paddock.....might come up and watch :D :thumb

Back
Top Bottom