Tyres for trail bike

Deadskin

Reaction score
My little KLX needs a front tyre as the old one has not for highway use written on it :(

it's a 80/100/21

Any ideas :nenau

Got Bridgestone gritty,s on my Ktm seem very good :thumb

perrelli scorpion pros are very good and road legal too :thumb

I really like Romvelos from the Dirt Bike Store.

Even though they are are cheap as chips, every time I try something else I find that the Romvelo performs better on the trail.

Greg

Bridgestone Grittys are good and worth the extra dosh, Mitas EF-08 are cheaper and good for the money.
Gritty's on the front and a Mitas C-02 on the back is a very recomened and well known choice. I have mitas (non-leagal but modified for MOT shhhsh!) front and rear on my klx and it seems fine but Grittys do clean up better if it gets sticky.

Erm, Noel - there seems to be a familiar feature about your reply!

Greg

I'm sorry Greg! couldn't resist they matched the banner so well, I'll have a hunt for another set whilst I'm in the loft may I borrow them for now? :D

Noel said:
I'm sorry Greg! couldn't resist they matched the banner so well, I'll have a hunt for another set whilst I'm in the loft may I borrow them for now? :D

Noel,

I was going to offer you this set:

redblnk3.gif

but you seem to have things sorted!

See you Sunday(?)

Greg

Stick with the NHS till MOT time. They are OK on the road and the dogs bollox off. I have a B F Goodrich Crossengos on the rear and that seems ok and has a E on the wall so is road legal.
How do you like the KLX? I have a 250 and have been well pleased with it so far.

I agree, Bridgestone Grittys inspire confidence in the front end.

Cheers everyone :clap
i'm going to order a pair of Grittys

Hew
Mines a KLX 300 it's a slightly different ride compared to my 1200GSA :eek:
but good fun :thumb

Back
Top Bottom