Zumo 550 on my R1200GS

jonothan

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the completed installation.

The Motorradconcepts mount is not cheap at £100 but really looks the part. Thanks, Chris, for the advice and help in sending the correct length screws for the Mark IV mount!

I had the unit wired in by the BMW dealer. That cost me another £60 but the mechanic took the tank and much of the panelling off and fastidiously ran the wires along the existing loom, using proper BMW cable ties. He soldered the O-Rings on the end of the wires, connected it to the battery with the fuse for the Garmin convenient located behind the battery. It looks like a factory fitted job.

Anyway, here are the pictures. I am, needless to say, delighted with the result. Just thought you might care to see them.

J

Attachments

• BMW R1200GS Zumo 01.JPG
    BMW R1200GS Zumo 01.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 962
  • BMW R1200GS Zumo 02.JPG
    BMW R1200GS Zumo 02.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 921
  • BMW R1200GS Zumo 03.JPG
    BMW R1200GS Zumo 03.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 896
  • BMW R1200GS Zumo 04.JPG
    BMW R1200GS Zumo 04.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 915
Great installation:) . What are you using for audio in your helmet..cable or bluetooth (what equipment). Thinking about buying one of these for my GSA so interested in your experience

Cheers

Terzikat

Great installation:) . What are you using for audio in your helmet..cable or bluetooth (what equipment). Thinking about buying one of these for my GSA so interested in your experience

Cheers

Terzikat

I'm using bluetooth, the Scala Rider which means there are no wires, other than the wiring already performed in the installation. That cost £95.00. It provides a mono speaker inside the helmet so not much use for music files really but great for directions and phone calls - I've tried both and the sound is good. I've fitted this in my favourite Caberg helmet - it took me ten minutes to install it.

J

This is the solution Ive been looking for. Was going to use the mounting that came in the box but this is far superior. Problem is that never seen it before - where does one get such Gucci kit?

ZUMO and GSA1200

Hello, I too have the ZUMO550 and I considered using the mount shown, however, in the first instance I decided to try the included RAM mount fitted on the left handlebar. This seems to be a very sensible position as it gives easy access to the touch screen when riding without having to reach over the centre of the bike. On the other hand that Alloy mount looks really cool!:bounce1 Cannot upload photos from this PC but I will try and post a couple later on. I fitted myself and wired direct to the battery through fused connector. Cheers.:beer:

Zumo mount

Jonothan,

further to my second pm, this thread has come to the fore, nice mount :thumb2

what's with the autozoom, though?

:topic

cheers

summerland

According to Chris at Motorrad Concepts this bracket does not fit the 12 GSA only the GS....damn!

Hi,

What are your impressions of the ZUMO in use? Does it work well? Good directions? Anything negative?

thanks

DB1

Back
Top Bottom