Problem with rear brake pedal return

speedyellow

Has anyone else had problems with the rear brake not fully returning and holding the brake light on??

Adjusted it up once and now it's doing it again... grrr... I've even cleaned all the mud out of it, seems like the spring just isn't strong enough??

Cheers all

Has anyone else had problems with the rear brake not fully returning and holding the brake light on??

Adjusted it up once and now it's doing it again... grrr... I've even cleaned all the mud out of it, seems like the spring just isn't strong enough??

Cheers all

Yes mine is doing it too... Only had the bike 3 weeks... Will have it checked at the 600 mile service.

Mine was checked at the service and adjusted, but same again now. Make sure they do more than just adjust the spring tensioner hidden behind the mount as this doesn't seem like a perminant solution!

My brake lever wouldn't return fully when I had the "bark buster" fitted.
So it ain't fitted no more.

Are you sure it's the break lever?Mine was the light switch.Adjusted it once long ago and :thumb .

Are you sure it's the break lever?Mine was the light switch.Adjusted it once long ago and :thumb .

Mine was the spring broken:( and the the welded strip was welded with paint:eek: so it fel of and the brake switch was not pushed in.
BMW build quality????

Michel

Mine was the spring broken:( and the the welded strip was welded with paint:eek: so it fel of and the brake switch was not pushed in.
BMW build quality????

Michel

Dont you all think you're looking a bit too techy? When this happened on my previous bike, a spray of wd40, a whack with a spanner, and everything was back to normal and not had a problem since.

:thumb

sticky bake lever

Cheers all

i know this is old news but its just happened to mine its the bark buster thats the prob ive taken it off and the prob has gone away ,in my opinion its not long enough and creates too much tension reacting in an equal and opposite way to the spring think it was isaac newton that worked that one out

Back
Top Bottom