Hello from a new chap!

Melch

Reaction score
Hello all!
I've been a bit of a voyeur for the past year or so and have picked up some very useful info from this site, but I thought I might like to take it one step further and actually communicate!
A bit about meself! I've ridden bikes as long as I've been legally allowed (Japs mostly, with the exception of an old Bonnie).
I bought a new 1200GS last year (first ever new bike), kept it a year and in the meantime bought a '91 R100GS for my better half. I really liked the R100GS but my girlfriend found it a bit of a handful. So the upshot is I sold the 1200 and bought the airhead off her.http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb.gif
1200 was a superb machine but the R100 I felt had more character, I don't wonder whether I've lost my licence after every ride and I can work on it myself (sort of!). I was also rather uncomfortable of the feeling of being at the mercy of ze BMV corporate machine.http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/rob.gif
Different folks for different strokes and all that!
...anyway thats me!
Best regards...Pete

Welcome to the site Halfwit ...

The next time you post, you'll see lots of smilies dancing next to the text box (right hand side). Place your curser in the text and click on one using the mouse ... I'm not sure how you've managed to do yours. Best of luck for next time. :thumb

Enjoy your stay :)

Halfwit eh ??

Vastly overqualified for the Technical Forum then :D :D

Welcome Pete :beerjug:

Oops...drag and drop don't work then:eek: ...that's better!

Oops...drag and drop don't work then:eek: ...that's better!

Lesson 2: Never, ever leave yourself wide open with comments like that here.

They'll be along in a minute with lots of comments about 1200 owners 'draggin and dropping' :eek

:)

Damn...damn...damn! So much to learn, so little time!
Luckily I neither dragged it or dropped it before I sold it. It hurt enough losing money on a bike only a year old:eek: . Hey ho, onward and upward.

Luckily I neither dragged it or dropped it before I sold it. It hurt enough losing money on a bike only a year old:eek: . Hey ho, onward and upward.

(laughing) ... dont worry you'll fit in ok now :thumb

Welcome Halfwit.

Good name, surprised it hasn't been used before, plenty would suit it :D

Wise man getting rid of that 1200 :thumb . Mine was a sack of shite tied in the middle with string :spitfire

Anyway, hello and welcome. Are you a Scout master? I remember the Akela at my cub troop 30 odd years ago always said "onward and upward".
He was a PROPER Tosser :ymca Now you're a REAL tosser:D :D :D

Scout master, me? no ..."STRAIGHTEN THAT WOGGLE BOY" oops sorry old habits.
No, never have been and probably never will be, but I was a 'sixer' in the cubs, like you about 30 years ago. I tried not to let the power corrupt me though!

Thanks very much!
Think me dibbing and dobbing days are long gone though :D

Pete,
Welcome to the site. You can't be a halfwit because you brought a GS and then still had the mental capacity to change your 1200 for a 100.
Regards
Matt

Thanks very much!
Think me dibbing and dobbing days are long gone though :D

I also dibbed and dobbed as a sixer, with a red woggle! Happy days in the early 70's.
Then, about the age of 14, after graduating to the Scouts, I discovered why girls have lumpy jumpers, found rock music, grew me hair and set out on the lifelong passion of riding motorcycles, left the scouts, opted out of just about everything else, and never looked back.

Still polish me shoes every day, carry a 10p coin for the call box in case I come across an RTA, and have a mad desire to sew little badges on me shirt sleeve:D

Still polish me shoes every day, carry a 10p coin for the call box in case I come across an RTA, and have a mad desire to sew little badges on me shirt sleeve:D[/QUOTE]

Sometimes my girlfriend asks me to wear my garters again, but thats a different story! :eek:
Anyway back to the bikes! Thanks for the welcome everyone. :thumb

Why do girls have lumps in their jumpers?
Welcome , recon the choice of a R100 is the right on but lets have a piccy of it one whichever register it belongs to.:thumb

Why do girls have lumps in their jumpers?
Welcome , recon the choice of a R100 is the right on but lets have a piccy of it one whichever register it belongs to.:thumb

I'll take a couple of pics in the next couple of days Pastyman and post them here. It's a bit of a work in progress at the moment. It's on the road but I'm just going through the bike getting a few things sorted at the mo (new shock, fork springs, exhaust, panniers, front brake, HPN tank soon, I hope).
Cheers...Pete

Back
Top Bottom