zumo sd card?

GEOFFREY DEACON

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is a good SD card that will suit the Zumo 550, and also what is a good practicle memory size to look for,.
I am new to gps cards so would love the feedback !.:bow

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me what is a good SD card that will suit the Zumo 550, and also what is a good practicle memory size to look for,.
I am new to gps cards so would love the feedback !.:bow

Thanks in advance.

I got a 2GB San Disk card from 7 day shop for my 550 and it works perfectly.

You don't need ultra fast cards for the unit and at £16.99 these are great value giving loads of capacity for files.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=100971

For the ZUMO, all you need is a simple and small SD card, as it has no function what soever apart from sharing occasional routes with other Zumo owners.

Another thing is if you want to take with you a load of MP3 files (or pictures). These go well on the SD card. But you can only listen to music on the Zumo when it attached at the motorcradle, so if you want to listen to it in your hotelroom, its useless again!
:eek

For the ZUMO, all you need is a simple and small SD card, as it has no function what soever apart from sharing occasional routes with other Zumo owners.

And loading other mapsets such as Topo or maps for other countries

You can hear music off the bike and auto cradles by connecting to a Bluetooth reciever,,
I have got a unwanted Tom Tom reciever that works a treat, if basic
The music is far better through my Autocom on the bike and just about ok in the car via the cradle,.
The mp3 is great on the bike, with a desent volume level and adjustment.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom