Vote for my bike please

Snapper

I sent a photo of my Norton Commando to Classic Bike and was asked if I would enter it in Classic Bike of The Year competition.
A scooter won last year because of votes from the scooter clubs so please help me to get the votes for my bike as there is a 1000 Guineas prize up for grabs which will help me race with CRMC next year.
The bike is on page 46 of the January issue and vote by telephone 0901 801 6595 (10p) or click on to www.classicbike.co.uk to see it or just put votebike5@emap.com in your to email and send, ask your friends to vote as well.
Voting closes Friday 26 January and you can vote as many times as you like.

Thanks

Richard

Ooh that 900SS is very nice and the M20 takes me back to bumping through Edinburgh's potholes on one in the mid 70's.

However, as an ex Commando owner, you get my vote. :D

What about that "S1 Kawasaki 250"? I thought the 250 and the 400 (KH) were late additions to the Kawasaki stable :nenau

I thought it was just the H1 500cc and H2 750 that were made in the early seventies??

Anyone know?

Al:D

Like'd your bike but sorry had to cast my vote for the Kwacker!:nenau :nenau

Many of my mates where 250 and the 400 (KH) owner's in 1976/77 and some had the earlier H1 , H2 & S models.

I myself was a YAM RD man the RD400 was one of the BEST MIDDLE WEIGHT,S EVER!!!

:thumb

What about that "S1 Kawasaki 250"? I thought the 250 and the 400 (KH) were late additions to the Kawasaki stable :nenau

I thought it was just the H1 500cc and H2 750 that were made in the early seventies??

Anyone know?

I had an S3 which was a 400 2T triple and the forerunner to the KH series

Dave

sorry mate
good link..... but! its gotta be the Triton! if ever a motorcycle just
"looks right"

and thats from a devout Honda 750/4 fan (ask our kid) and a KH triple fan... had several of every version excl the 750

but the Triton with its swept pipes and ally tank...... pure art!

how much

As beautiful as your bike is (and it really is :thumb ) I'm afraid I've had to vote for the LC250

Firstly, as it was the bike I cut my teeth on and secondly 'cos it is so often overshadowed by the 350 which, whilst obviously quicker, was nowhere near as popular or iconic as the 250 IMHO - nice to see the 250 recognised for a change :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Andres

I had an S3 which was a 400 2T triple and the forerunner to the KH series

Dave
Ooh! So did I in green, my first brand spanking new bike in 1975 - I think it was 630 quid, including tax and insurance. Intrestingly my next new bike was the Adventure in 2005 :) :)

Well I voted for you, mate. Good luck.

What are you lot like....voting for Japanese bikes...? :rolleyes:

Repeat after me....."Japanese bikes are not classic motorcycles..." :nono

Anyone know?

There were S1 250, S2 350 (rare) S3 400, H1 500 and H2 750 triples prior to the de-tuned KH series which had just the 250, 400 and 500. I had an H1E 500 which was almost as quick as the 750 but handled like the frame was broken :eek:

I think the H2 750 is the best looking (and sounding) bike ever made:thumb

For those of you voting for the Kawa if you read the mag the bike is polished and not ridden. I thought you would give some support for a bike that is used and will be raced, my Commando. votebike5@emap.com .
10 great bikes but I gues you all like polishing then if you vote for bikes not used as they should be.
Dont get those GS muddy.
Check the mag out next time in Smiths. The prize money will go to racing and will be a big help if I win so come on and send your votes.

There were S1 250, S2 350 (rare) S3 400, H1 500 and H2 750 triples prior to the de-tuned KH series which had just the 250, 400 and 500. I had an H1E 500 which was almost as quick as the 750 but handled like the frame was broken :eek:

I think the H2 750 is the best looking (and sounding) bike ever made:thumb

Thanks for that - clears up my confusion. I do agree that the 500 and 750 models are two of the best looking bikes ever, but only without the American high bars. The H2 has the best looking exhaust layout but the H1 in light blue is fantastic. What a shame they don't handle.

I would love one just to polish and ride occasionaly:thumb

the ducati - no question.

the triton would be closer if it was a 650

the norton would be closer if it was a blk/gold 850 roadster

the cb750 should be a 1969 model.

Back
Top Bottom