New Starter!!

Cestrian

Hi All - just a brief note to introduce myself to the 'ukgser' web site. I guess it will be obvious that I've either got a GS1200 or am thinking of getting one, or may have even had one?. Well I'm in the process of looking for one; probably a nearly new model (can't afford a new one at present) with as many extras as possible already fitted.
I've been riding bikes pretty continually since 1972, and have had many British, Japanese and one Italian motorcycles (Moto Guzzi Cali 111) which was a brilliant machine but wasn't up to the English weather. For the last 4 years, I've been riding a Yamaha FJR1300, which according to my wife, is a lot more comfortable that the Pan European we had before. However, it's time for a change, and we fancy someting a bit different - hence the GS1200. We have also considered the Honda Varadero and Suzuki Vstrom, but having got so used to shaft drive bikes, the thought of going back to chain and sprockets is not all that appealing.
I chose 'Cestrian' as a contact name, as we have recently relocated from Chester to Southampton, and wanted to retain some connection to a fabulous City. North Wales was right on our doorstep, and I still believe they contain some of the best biking roads in the U.K.:) It should be interesting to see what responses that generates. :D
Anyway, I would be really interested to know of anything I should be looking out for, or specific questions to ask when purchasing a GS1200, and look forward to joinging in with the forums/ ride outs etc, and wish you all a very happy and safe 2007.

Greetings dude...

Welcome and good luck in finding yourself a 1200. If you can, try and get a ride on an 1150GS or GSA too just so you can come back here and post a few inflamatory comments :rob .

A little way up the road from you but know Southampton reasonably well as I was at Uni there a few (Mmmm, quite a few :eek: ) years ago.

Enjoy...

Welcome mate. Just up the road from you in Eastleigh. I see you started riding the same year as I did.:thumb

When I read the title "New Starter" I immediately thought this should be in the Airhead section.....:)

Welcome to the site.

AndyT:thumb

No, that would have been 'non starter' :D

Welcome Cestrian :)

PS Do make sure you try the far superior 11XX GS 's as well........you might as well get it right first time :)

I chose 'Cestrian' as a contact name, as we have recently relocated from Chester to Southampton, and wanted to retain some connection to a fabulous City.

Cestrian is good, better than being a Deva :p

Welcome :thumb

Whilst we may not have the hills of north Wales, you'll still find loads of wonderful roads with glorious views in southern England - and it's oh-so-easy to pop across to France for the weekend.

The only downside is that you really only have 180 degrees of the compass to ride on as opposed to the full 360 you had in Chester. Well, you could try the 90 -270 degree route (roughly) but you'll end up in the oggin.

Back
Top Bottom