House or cottage thats dog friendly

Geno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok all . First of a happy new year to all you Scots , Whole family have decided to go away this year , which means 3 adults and 4 small dogs .. There lies first problem, Finding somewhere that will take the dogs and us . Dont say Kennels or i will get over there and let your tyres down . Newest arrival maybe small but is giving my Staffy a good match every nite in wrestling . Great to watch . So anyone know of anywhere that might be suitable for us . Thinking end of May ,so need to get ideas in please , Location not that important , more remote the better . Will keep checking ,so please get thinking ,so i can leave my 2 behind when i take GS away for a week later in year . Thankyou.

Right you . The Jack Russell is going to get some scottish nuts for new year .and he is called Skip .

Some of these places look great ,Thanks for the help . Just need to find a place that will take 4 small dogs . Which looks like been a problem . Keep ideas coming ,There must be a place somewhere. Just checked Ireland on one of the sites .Only one place that will take dogs ...Big whole in market ..
Thanks again.

These all look excellent . Time to start the e.mails . Some already booked for May ....

I stayed in a place called Tullock farm.... near Ben Nevis. They have since added at least two other wooden lodges. I dont have dogs, but the owners are big into animals and their ads encourage bringing dogs along. They also advertise any unsold weeks on ebay....... this one active at present.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Holiday-Cotta...yZ109202QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This cottage is pet free, but some of their accomodation is dog friendly....... email them or keep an eye out for their other ebay deals in future.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cr=countryUK|countryGB&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&hs=cV5&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=dog+friendly+accommodation&spell=1

Tulloch Farm at Fersit is just up the road from me, I've watched the lodges being added over the last few years. They also have an interest in the Quad bike tours if you want to get dirty.
If that doesn’t work out for you, but you still want to come to the Lochaber area, give me a shout, I may be able to help. Farmers are generally dog friendly.
Have a good new year, Looks like Gypsy started early :D
Slainte

This is about as remote and quiet as it gets. The cottage is a Opinan, 4 miles north of Laide (nearest shop and petrol). Owners are welcoming and friendly and were happy to have 3 generations of our family staying (grandparents, parents and teenagers) plus three dogs (2 labs and a mad collie) plus 2 cars and a GS. The cottage has three bedrooms, large kitchen, large livingroom, drying room, two bathrooms and a further toilet.

The large livingroom has a log burning stove and the owners make sure that there are plenty of logs ready cut for burning.

If you are taking a GS then there are a few miles of road with 'unsuitable for motors except rough terrain vehicles' . I have enclosed some photos which you might find interesting.

Cheers

http://www.foxglove-cottage.co.uk/index.htm

Attachments

• 16102006 Slaggan Road 2c.JPG
    16102006 Slaggan Road 2c.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 16102006 Slaggan Road 5c.JPG
    16102006 Slaggan Road 5c.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 16102006 Slaggan Road 7c.JPG
    16102006 Slaggan Road 7c.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 36