which GPS system?

Terry NW

Reaction score
sorry for asking this one i'm sure it's been asked before

i use a garmin etrex legend for when out green laning on the orange bike.

i'm looking for a GPS system that i can use both on my GS1150 and quicky put into the car .
i need it to do DOOR to DOOR both UK and Europe( post codes)
and water proof.. those are the basic things i require..
plus plan routes, ie via this village or town going via the A678 etc etc

anyone had one and used it in Europe for the above functions??.
Halfords have got a sale on at the moment wonder weather to treat myself??

help?

terry

I currently have a Garmin 2720 which I use on the bike, 1150 Adv, and in the car. It has full UK postcode search, ( I'm not sure about the Continent postcodes as I've only used the address search.) It's a waterproof as you like, and can be swapped quickly from bike to car. I imagine that some of your Garmin expertise and/or software may be transferable. The french speed camera database was freely available on the 'Net last summer as were one or two other countries, and was easily downloadable. Plus the 2720 is TMC Traffic warnings compatible. Garmin have upgraded their kit to the GTM 12 which seems more reliable than it's predecessor, thought the coverage can be patchy.
Sorry if this seems like an unqualified 2720 advert, but I have been v. happy with mine, and with Garmin.:beerjug:

PS The wife quite likes it too!:clap

I use the BMW Motorrad Navigator III

Expensive, but it does have a two year warranty. I have known a couple of GPS's screens to de-laminate :eek:

Fully waterproof, works in the car (car kit available) and will do full post code searches, certainly for the UK, dunno about Europe, but will find streets no problems.

Has all the route planning bells and whistles that you might need. I can't fault it :D

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

Back
Top Bottom