Ipod, sony samsung aaaarrrrghhhh

Chunk

Fellow Gsers

I'm just about to fit a Starcom advance to the beast and wondered if there was any preference to what type, size and make of MP3 player others use?
I've been round the sales and had the spotty sales teenagers try and sell me anything from the new Ipod shuffle that I can get about 100 tracks on, to an 80 gig mega pod with video that could take the entire back catalogue of an HMV store ?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Intend on biking around Europe for a few weeks next year so need a few more than 100 tracks I think? :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :bounce1

i pod to be trendy

Archos if you want the biz

and this if you want a cheap waterproof gig player

here
XLarge.jpg

I had an iPod 80Gb Video for xmas, the dogs genitailias!!! Just downloaded the R1200GSA BMW video to it as well as my whole CD collection, about 200 albums! Plenty more room for podcasts and my photos whilst out and about.

If you intend taking a digital camera you can empty your memory card onto the iPod (not all versions though) via a little adaptor, being a keen amateur photographer this iPod meets all my needs whilst at home or mobile!!!

Not on Apple's payroll either i might add.

the download pics bit was the only reason i bought an ipod 60gb, i don't have enough memory cards to cover 7 weeks in china.:bounce1

The adapter is another £20 ontop of the ipod :rolleyes:
Creative do a player with the same ability, always been a fan of their players, it wasn't out when i was looking tho :(

Fellow Gsers

I'm just about to fit a Starcom advance to the beast and wondered if there was any preference to what type, size and make of MP3 player others use?
I've been round the sales and had the spotty sales teenagers try and sell me anything from the new Ipod shuffle that I can get about 100 tracks on, to an 80 gig mega pod with video that could take the entire back catalogue of an HMV store ?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Intend on biking around Europe for a few weeks next year so need a few more than 100 tracks I think? :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :bounce1

My new shuffle holds about 240 songs. I purchased it specifically to fit under the seat and to attach to my Starcom advance.

I had an iPod 80Gb Video for xmas, the dogs genitailias!!! Just downloaded the R1200GSA BMW video to it as well as my whole CD collection, about 200 albums! Plenty more room for podcasts and my photos whilst out and about.

If you intend taking a digital camera you can empty your memory card onto the iPod (not all versions though) via a little adaptor, being a keen amateur photographer this iPod meets all my needs whilst at home or mobile!!!

a find idea or two all nicely nicked from Archos who did it first a long time ago:D

archos doesn't need programs to load stuff.... drag and drop:thumb

http://www.archos.com/products/video/archos_404cam/index.html?country=gb&lang=en

a find idea or two all nicely nicked from Archos who did it first a long time ago:D

archos doesn't need programs to load stuff.... drag and drop:thumb

Tuned - Hows the Archos franchise going :thumb

Where do i find this adaptor? What memory cards does it fit etc?

you can buy it from amazon or direct from apple both sell it for around £20

It connects to your camera via its usb connection, apple have a camera compatibility list up. My camera (powershot s2 is) isn't on the list but it works perfectly.
apple said:
The iPod Camera Connector works with digital cameras that support the following transfer protocols: Mass Storage, PTP, and Type 4 (sometimes referred to as “Normal”).
Only works with the 'classic' sized photo ipods, not the smaller ones or the original ipods. :D

Good choice of Intercom. I've got the same hooked up to an ipod nano 4Gb. It's solid state compact flash memory (no moving parts like the hard disc drive in the standard ipod) so it lasts a long time on the bike and it holds shed loads of music. Also it's less likely to be affected by vibration. I just plug it in set the volumn to 3/4 full and off I go. I've rigged a remote on/off switch on the handlebars so I can turn the intercom off if necessary.

Some of the best bits of kit I ever got bought.

I've used a 60GB iPod for ages, with no problems. Like being able to have entire music collection; also started listening to audio books as commute about 8 - 10 hours a week.

Used to keep iPod in jacket pocket, but somtimes got wet. Tried it in RAM mounted aquabox on handlebars, which is great as can change songs etc on the go, and is waterproof, but have had many problems with this set up and it 'freezing' - presume due to vibration.

I reckon the best is probably to go for a large RAM based player like the 8GB iPod...

Back
Top Bottom