Best Mount

Wedders_Gasman

Hi Chaps.

Which do you consider to be the best mount for the 2720 & 1200gs? And where do I get one cheap.

If its anything like the 2610 (and I believe it is) then you need a Touratech mount. Not cheap but very good quality. Thats what I'd spend my money on. Description below:

Handlebar bracket
Garmin GPS Street Pilot 26XX/27XX/28XX £ 57,85

Innovative, high-quality, extraordinary. With this sophisticated, well-thought out and stylish piece of equipment the Street Pilot 26XX and 27XX can be fixed securely to your motorbike as it includes decouplers that minimise any vibration.
The unit is positioned securely in the bracket using a sophisticated mechanism made from precisely laser-cut, high-quality aluminium parts. It is easy to insert the unit into the bracket precisely. An integral stylus pen for operating the touch screen display is also included.
As well as fixing the unit in the traditional way, i.e. to the enduro's handlebar crossbar, the Street Pilot 2610 and 2650 can also be fitted to almost any motorbike using one of our many adapters. Now you can enjoy a relaxing motorbike weekend or holiday with fabulous trips. Just drive off.

01-065-0065-0

...... then you need a Touratech mount.
You don't 'need' a Touratech mount at all. There are plenty of options, such as RAM or Migsel. I suggest you try a search (I put in 2610 & mount, and found 266 threads!).

I've just fitted a 2820 to my 1200GSA using a motorad concepts mount and its the muts nuts. I fits in really well with the styling of the bike and is very very robust!

For my 2820 I use the Garmin mount with RAM fittings, very happy with it. Small, quick and easy to mount and detach the unit, robust. Some of the other mounts available look much bigger, more complex and much more expensive, way over the top IMO.

For my 2820 I use the Garmin mount with RAM fittings, very happy with it. Small, quick and easy to mount and detach the unit, robust. Some of the other mounts available look much bigger, more complex and much more expensive, way over the top IMO.

I haven't mounted my Garmin yet, doesn't the Garmin cradle require using the screwdriver bit every time you mount/unmount the unit? Seems a bit of a pain to me. I have Ram mount on the bike, so I could fit the Ram cradle to that, it seems to be just a quick release jobby.

Question is, where do you store the power cable when not in use? The Garmin cradle has a clip to mount the loose cable end safely, the Ram doesn't appear to have that facility. :nenau :nenau

I went for the Ram mount as I move the GPS between my bikes. I just fold the power lead down when the GPS is off the bike. I haven't had a problem with the mount even when I was knocked off my CBR600 it kept hold of my 2610.

I haven't mounted my Garmin yet, doesn't the Garmin cradle require using the screwdriver bit every time you mount/unmount the unit? Seems a bit of a pain to me.

Nope - It just clicks in and out using a latch. There is an additional security locking screw but its use is optional.

Heres mine:thumb
Motorrad Concepts mount:clap

Attachments

• Carde Idris 059.jpg
    Carde Idris 059.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 233
Motorrad Concepts mount here too......:clap

P9191554copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom