First one of 2007?

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK chaps, it may nearly be January but it's mild as October out there. Reckon we should take advantage of globule warming and meet for a beer. Never know, if you're really unlucky I may even turn up for this one.

How are people fixed on Wednesday 17 January? Suggestions for a venue? I'd say somewhere like the http://www.falklandarms.org.uk/, although it's in North Oxfordshire, just above Enstone nr Chipping Norton.

What do people think?

The date is OK, but a long way to travel after work (from Hammersmith). Will see what I can do, but closer to Oxford would be better for me.

Otherwise next time. :thumb

Yeah - fair 'nuff!

Flexible about location... The FA is a cracking pub, but there are plenty of others closer to the Bucks/Berks border where are a few of the local tossery hang out.

Suggestions chaps?

Anyone up for a meet in January or are you rufty-tufty bikers all tucked up in yer Volvos with the heating on full? :D

... If I'm here (and I will be)... I'll be there!

... Date - Wednesday 17th?

... Somthing closer to Oxford. There's a couple of Pubs in Marston, just off the ring road ... are they any good anyone?

... I'll keep my eyes peeled over the weekend and see what looks good, East of Oxford.

Still keen, as long as I can turn up wrapped in my duvet. :rob On the bike of course! :p

Yep, will be coming and might drag Possu along as well - depends whose turn it is to cook (or in this case pay for) dinner that evening. :D

Talking of food, I quite like the 'Turnpike' in Yarnton. Off the A34 at Peartree roundabout, head north on the A44 towards Woodstock, then the pub is just half a mile down the road on your right hand side at the next roundabout.

Big car park, beer garden (maybe not...), plenty of room inside, still between Chipping Norton and Oxford but closer to the latter... ;) More info and map here.

CU soon! Ela

taking the time to introduce

Hey All! just taken the time to read the local threads... shame i will be in sunny :confused: south wales when you guys meet up next week - in car and work mode, not enjoying the GSA :( Is this a regular meet? If so, will be up for the next one - work permitting.

While originally planning to be there, the wife has a work function so I am in charge of the kids.

Enjoy! :thumb

... The wind may howl and the rain may pour

... When I count the tossers, will there be more than four?

... I will be there tonight :thumb

MMC, Nin, Shep, Possu, me and yourself - six so far.

Oh, the 'Turnpike' is quite spacious, I suggest you just follow the noise... :D

Make that seven. Ive dug deep into the back of the garage and found a grey 1150 gs should do the trick. Is the pub in yarnton or one the A44 ? Richard

Make that seven. Ive dug deep into the back of the garage and found a grey 1150 gs should do the trick. Is the pub in yarnton or one the A44 ? Richard

... Come join the motley crew, here are the directions from Oxford that Pumpy provided earlier :-

Talking of food, I quite like the 'Turnpike' in Yarnton. Off the A34 at Peartree roundabout, head north on the A44 towards Woodstock, then the pub is just half a mile down the road on your right hand side at the next roundabout.

Big car park, beer garden (maybe not...), plenty of room inside, still between Chipping Norton and Oxford but closer to the latter... More info and map here.

... If they don't get me there I'll look for other clueless GSs and work it out from there :D

Nice to see everybody again last night, a good turn out, I thought, for a winters evening, 8 bikes, and even one of those old school airheads was brought out for an airing from it's pampered home:D

See ya next time :thumb

Shep

Back
Top Bottom