Free Mapsource Morocco TOPO Maps

Having read this it's made me wonder....

What topographical mapping software works alongside Mapsource on a road based GPS? and which GPS'ssss do they work with?

I really can't work that question out from the Garmin site!

Do you need to use something like an eTrek off road while wandering around off road and a road based one for the on road sections or is there one that does both?

I'm thinking about going to the Alps again and doing some hiking while there, and I would also like to explore Scotland, the Lakes and the Peak District in the same way...

Current GPS is a SP111 which I bought cheap, simply to give GPS a go (I wouldn't pay £500+ for something I wasn't sure about) and am intending to upgrade in the new year/late Spring...

Edit:

Looks like the Zumo will display the UK Topo maps so makes it a winner! - is the Topo map really $299? - GOSH!

Last edited:
just found this site and loaded it into mapsource, it works ok

http://www.island-olaf.de/travel/marokko/gps.html

I have this loaded in Mapsource and am wondering how best to use it when road touring next April. As far as I am aware there is no way of highlighting an intended route on the Quest's screen so perhaps one could waypoint each intended change of road, or significant point, and name it as an instruction ie "East R12" or "Left on road"

Would this work and how have others utilised their GPSRs?

Guess I should have trawled the GPS section first before posting!

Back
Top Bottom