About to take the plunge!

Wonderboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i'm just about to delve into to the world of moto x. Having never owned one before and listened to plenty of advice i've been told that a 250F is the way to start out, easier to ride and maintain etc etc.

What are your views?

YZF? RMZ? CRF? KXF?

I have recently ridden an 04 RMZ 250 belonging to a friend and have to say i was pleasently surprised about how easy it was to ride from a total novice point of view.

I have looked at a 2005 YZ250F with new plastics and graphics, bills pipe and its recently had a spares kit and bottom end rebiuld and have to admit i've very tempted as the price is right.

So whats your opinions?????

Mark.

:thumb

I would go down the 4 stroke route personally. Easier for noise restrictions and much softer power delivery. Ultimately I still think 2 strokes offer more smiles if you know what you're doing.
Any of the bikes you have mentioned will be very competitive tools, but I think I would go either honda or KTM if it were my decision. They tend to be strong and reliable (and hold their money better than most). Also they tend to be fairly user friendly in standard trim with more options to turn them into monsters when you feel ready.
Good luck with Motox, I chose enduros due to the easier learning curve. Not many bikes would withstand those f'in big jumps with my bernard manning like physique :D :D :D

Gone and done it!

Just picked this up last night, have given up road riding for a while to try my hand at this off road malarky!!!!

2006 RMZ250 K6 Brand New £3250 Bargain

Attachments

• 2006_rmz250_ingr.jpg
    2006_rmz250_ingr.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 276
I had an aprilia RSV, then thought I'd try motocross and bought a KTM 450 SX (" can't be that hard" I thought).
shiiiiiiiiit, it was scary :eek: :eek: :eek:

....now got an 1150GS, nuff said ;)

Good luck and go easy at first :beer:

Rich

If you ride that like you ride the monkey bike, I recon you'll average one day per month in work :rolleyes:

Health to ride matey :thumb

:D The thumpstar is a doddle to ride compared to this yoke and this one is staying clarkey! :clap

Aye But I remember you and Andy B tryin to wheely the odd wee bike round the back of the workshop?? ;););)

Live Long and Prosper :thumb2 :thumb2 an Fix yer hair!!!

Cheers Jay! Those were the day's, no more wheelies though, not allowed, or so i've been told ! :augie

Still got the Suzuki, doesn't look just as fresh a year down the line all the same!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom