The 'Long Way Up!'

Stedders

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but wanted to tell you about a charity fundraiser I'm doing in August. Called the 'Long Way Up!' its a 2,000 mile motorbike ride from Land's End to John O'Groats (starting and finishing in Matlock Bath - hence the extra 1,000 miles!), stopping off along the way to climb the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales (not in that order!). My brother and I will be doing the challenge (he's riding pillion as he's not got a licence!) which will take us 9 days to complete as we'll be doing fundraising along the way. I've recently traded in my 650GS for an 1150GSA - its been my dream bike for ages and will cope with the trip much better!

We'll be planning a few 'ride-along' days for anyone that wants to join in on a day's ride or to bag a mountain with us! I know Mick Extance (UK Dakar champion!) and he is hoping to join us for a day or two on the trip as well!

My day job as a lecturer in ergonomics means that I've managed to work it so I can do some research during the trip (and not book it as holiday!).

We're doing the challenge to raise money for Cancer Research UK and the Acorns Children's Hospice Trust (which helps children with terminal and life threatening conditions) and would really appreciate any sponsorship we can get through the forum. Please feel free to visit our website http://www.longwayup.org and find out all about it as well as sponsor us. We've only just started so at the moment we have nothing!! We've had some great support from various companies and I even though I'm new to the forum, I'll pop a couple of UKGSER stickers on my bike/helmet if someone wants to send me some!!

Cheers for now

Alex

The best of luck to you both! I completed the three peaks national in August, I thought at the time it would be awesome to do it on the bike.......

I may see you along the way :thumb

Hi Rollinsdan

Keep an eye on my website as I'll be putting up details of 'ride-alongs' where people can join in ... I'm also hoping Mick Extance (GB Dakar champion!) will be joiniing me for some of it too - the more the merrier, especially if you can drum up some sponsorship for us!!

Back
Top Bottom