Hi from Shelton

bucky

Hi everyone
Frinds of mine have owned 1150's for quiet some time now but they have both gone back to South Africa.About a year or so ago,i bought my first ever bike,a yamaha divi.Im now tired of that and have decided that i want to purchase a BMW.although i am not sure as to what would be a good bike to start out on.SOmeone has said that i should look straight past the 650's and get myself a 1100 possibly?Do you agree?Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone have some advice for me?Im really exited about getting a bike ASAP.Im willing to spend between 2500 and 3000.will i be able to get a decent bike for this price?
thanks alot if you are still reading this:)
any help/advice would be most appreciated
cheers
shelton

Hi!

Find a riding shool who has a BMW, and call for one lesson!
If you have the same system as we have in Norway you don't have to pay for the damage if you get a problem handling it.
One lesson are not for free, but what does it cost to buy a too big bike and THEN loose control?

If that is not a good idèa; why not buy an F650 or F800 first, if you get a good offer?
I have seen shortlegged beginners handle the R1100/R1200 well, and I know there are people who sold the big bike and got a smaller F650 because they like it better.

I guess the safe answer to your question are; start with a F650.

-Did this help? Neh, I guess I only got you more confused! :p
Welcome & have fun!:beer:

:) Liv.

Back
Top Bottom