Missing!

Rev Chuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, good morning. Hope everyone is not too busy today as we all seem to have been for the last couple of days. Enjoy the day.:thumb

Good morning, Charles. Nice to hear from you. Have a good day yersel' :thumb

Morning Rev

i guess we all been lurking

Stumpy

Well, good morning. Hope everyone is not too busy today as we all seem to have been for the last couple of days. Enjoy the day.:thumb

Afternoon Rev . . .

Someone must be doing something interesting that we can comment on ?

I'll be going to the Log Cabin Hotel at Kirkmichael for lunch on Sunday (BMW Club monthly meeting - may be two of us there) - Anyone care to join in ?

We passed through Kirkmichael on Saturday so the road from Blairgowrie should be familiar (isn't that road shiny in places :eek: ).

Soup, sarnies & a warm welcome at 12:30 on 14/01 :thumb

Enjoy the day.:thumb

Hi Charles :rob
I'm not long out of ma bed, 15 hours sleep in the last 24 :eek:
The antibiotics would appear to have kicked in, I'm feeling almost human.
Have a good day yirself.:thumb

Hey Voyager.

Not joining us at Lochearnhead for the weekend before going to Kirkmichael?
:beer:
Should be more than the two of us this time !!

Ron

Hey Voyager.

Not joining us at Lochearnhead for the weekend before going to Kirkmichael?
:beer:
Should be more than the two of us this time !! Ron

Ron,

No - I'm afraid I need one day per weekend for 'domestics' - particularly as I have had a number of 'biking' days recently.

I need to clean the guttering and rake up leaves.

I take it that the 'Bunk House' crew will be going to The Log Cabin for lunch then !

Bob.

Just had a thought, I'm planning on joining a ride out with the IAM on Sunday so I'll suggest the Log Cabin for lunch.

Then we can have UKGSer's, BMW Club and IAM all meet up at once.

Mind you, a lot of these IAM people don't even have Beemers let alone GS's. Of course that could be a benefit, lots of potential new recruits.

Just had a thought, I'm planning on joining a ride out with the IAM on Sunday so I'll suggest the Log Cabin for lunch.

Then we can have UKGSer's, BMW Club and IAM all meet up at once.

Mind you, a lot of these IAM people don't even have Beemers let alone GS's. Of course that could be a benefit, lots of potential new recruits.

Sounds like a good idea.

Some of the BMW Club turn up on non-Beemers, so that won't be a problem.

How many IAM people are you expecting ?

May have to warn the Hotel to lay in more sausages !

I don't know, I haven't done any ride-outs with them in the past but from the numbers at wet summer observation nights there are a lot of fair weather bikers. Hence my decision to support the run this weekend.

If they accept the Log Cabin suggestion and there are more than 3 or 4 riders I'll phone the LC and let them know.

You gave me your phone numbers by PM but like a numpty I managed to delete the message prior to making a not of them.

Must go now, RYA Yachtmaster theory night tonight.

Before you even know it's happened a ride-out has materialised. Better check my brownie point credit status with SWMBO! And better check the map as well....

dunard

Must go now, RYA Yachtmaster theory night tonight.

Sad bunch that we are . . . .

This is my Land Rover about to launch my neighbour's 4-berth 'Etap 23' at the start of the 2006 season.

I am an RNLI 'Shoreline Member' as I don't currently have a boat !

Too many hobbies . . .That's my problem :clap

Attachments

• DSCN0736B.jpg
    DSCN0736B.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 185
Before you even know it's happened a ride-out has materialised. Better check my brownie point credit status with SWMBO! And better check the map as well....

dunard

Howard,

If you haven't been to the Log Cabin Hotel before . . .

Its in kirkmichael, which is on the B924 between Blairgowrie & Pitlochry.

Assuming you are approaching from Blairgowrie / Bridge of Caley - enter Kirkmichael, turn left at the approach to a bridge and cross the river. Then follow the (narrow) road up past a small housing estate on your right with a field with horses on your left.

Keep going and take the next right - along a very rough track that appears to head off up into the hills.

The Hotel is a series of wooden buildings (wirh turf roofs) in amongst the trees. There is gravel parking outside (and magnificent views).

See you there (what can we do to increase your store of Brownie Points ?).

Bob.

Attachments

• DSCN0594A.jpg
    DSCN0594A.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 177
Log Cabin Hotel:

Having hunted through my vast collection of photos . .

This is the view from the Log Cabin Hotel.

Enough to make you brave the weather isn't it !

We need to take these opportunities when they arise - this is the 'up-side' of global warming ! :thumb

Attachments

• DSCN0596A.jpg
    DSCN0596A.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 111
Log Cabin Hotel

Hi Bob.

I would think that some of the Lochearnhead participants will take a run over to the LCH, 'specially those who reside in the far north reaches of the country.
Most, if not all, will be in 4 wheels 'tho (can't fit victuals for 30 folk in paniers). So what, s'long as they attend.

See you Sunday.

Ron

Hi Bob.

I would think that some of the Lochearnhead participants will take a run over to the LCH, 'specially those who reside in the far north reaches of the country.
Most, if not all, will be in 4 wheels 'tho (can't fit victuals for 30 folk in paniers). So what, s'long as they attend.

See you Sunday. Ron

Sounds as though there could be quite a crowd, I'll look forward to that.

The BBC weather forecast shows Sunday to be dry and sunny . . . but it has a habit of changing on the day.

If this wind keeps up I'll be going via Stirling as the FRB will be closed to bikes. Forecast says 12mph winds on Sunday though.

See you there.

Thanks for the directions Bob, looks like a great destination.

On balance the weather is a bit too extreme just now for me to enjoy a solo run over to Kirkmichael, so I'm going to keep my powder dry pro tem. I'll catch up with you and the others on future ride-outs.

dunard

PS BPs not an issue really, more a matter of pulling my weight with all that needs doing in terms of house maintenance and parenting (offspring still quite high maintenance (aged 9,11 and 13)).

Back
Top Bottom