DAM??

Geordie Foote

Reaction score
Any members of Durham Advanced Motorcyclists (DAM) read this forum?

Ive been trying to find out when they meet, but their web site seems to be down at the moment.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Peter

Peter

I've been thinking about joining in the spring, they meet just outside Spenny which makes it very easy for me!

Let me know if you do join, it'll make 2 IAM learners together from UKGSers.

You can join the IAM online through their website. Seems a very good deal compared with advanced training costs elsewhere.

Clem.

I forgot to mention, they have a very high pass rate. It was 100% when I sat my test (so no pressure...), it's not 100% any more (I believe, and no, it wasn't me that changed it :) ). You'll get 10% discount from many insurers once you've passed. Good luck, have fun!

David

Club meeting nights are on the last Tuesday of each month, starting at 7pm.

Meeting place is The Thinford Inn, on the roundabout of the A688/A167 junction, near Spennymoor.

I'm a member, and observer :) . A good bunch of people, safe and sensible, but realistic about biking and the fun to be had from it.

As already stated, lots of support from Durham Police bike squad.

There is an 'Easter Egg' run, from the Gilesgate Tesco in Durham on (surprisingly!) Easter Sunday.

This years 'Bikewise' event is on Sunday 29th July, at Aykely Heads Police HQ.

Just paid for my Skills for Life Membership tonight.

Hopefully see everyone at DAM on 30th.

Cheers.

Did my initial assessment this morning with Len from DAM.

Beautiful day for a ride out and good feedback from Len, got to watch my speed in the restricted areas :nono

Nice one Clem....

Keep us informed of your progress.

I'll keep that fuel to one side for you until youve got a free minute.

Regards

Peter

Peter

The misses is off to Japan today for some R&R and Skiing.
I'll try and pop over at the weekend depending on how things go.

The dishwasher packed up in sympathy with the wife this morning so maybe I'll be appliance shopping at the weekend!

Club meeting nights are on the last Tuesday of each month, starting at 7pm.

Meeting place is The Thinford Inn, on the roundabout of the A688/A167 junction, near Spennymoor.
HQ.

is this month on the 27th jun as i wouldn,t mind a look along

This months' meeting is on Tuesday 27th Feb. It's a talk on ear defenders.............I SAID EAR DEFENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Rode and passed my IAM assessment this evening on a very nice route from Scotch Corner, A167, Northallerton, Caterick and back to SC.

No issues, good feedback...time to train as an observer now!

Well done Clem ........

:thumb Great news!!!!:clap We should have a drink at the next meeting!!:beer: (when is the next meeting by the way? Doh).:blast

Back
Top Bottom