Organised tour companies

DavidJames

Reaction score
I really want to do a decent trip this year and as Morocco is so well covered on this site, I am thinking about Morocco. If I had no limitation on time I would be going with Moto-Morocco and the gang, but due ot other commitments I will only be able to go for a week towards the end of the year - perhaps September? To get the maximum time on the road in Morocco I don't really want to ride/sail down there (which is why Moto-Morocco was ideal) so my only option seems to be an organised tour on hired bikes. I have found two potential companies with the right length of tour and bike hire available:

http://www.hctravel.com/morocco.htm

http://www.wildernesswheels.com/site.en/7day.htm

Firstly does anyone have any experience of these companies or even an opinion on the tours they are offering?

Secondly does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers

David

I really want to do a decent trip this year and as Morocco is so well covered on this site, I am thinking about Morocco. If I had no limitation on time I would be going with Moto-Morocco and the gang, but due ot other commitments I will only be able to go for a week towards the end of the year - perhaps September? To get the maximum time on the road in Morocco I don't really want to ride/sail down there (which is why Moto-Morocco was ideal) so my only option seems to be an organised tour on hired bikes. I have found two potential companies with the right length of tour and bike hire available:

http://www.hctravel.com/morocco.htm

http://www.wildernesswheels.com/site.en/7day.htm

Firstly does anyone have any experience of these companies or even an opinion on the tours they are offering?

Secondly does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers

David
Moto-Morocco have some bikes for hire now as well:thumb

David...a shame you can't join us because of the time issue- it would be possible in theory to only do one week out of the two on the September tour, and if you'd like to have a chat about that give me a call/pm me.....

Out of the two alternatives you list above though, I'd go with Wilderness wheels......I've seen their set-up down there and although I haven't seen the other company, Wilderness wheels seemed to be pretty good and have everything covered :nenau

Look into the connections carefully.......Flying into Casablanca and transferring to Ouazazarte could be a bit of a nightmare TBH (looking at the HC Travel itinerary) but I've not tried it so I'm guessing ;)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but do give me a call if you like :)

Cheers

Bill
with my Moto-Morocco hat on :)

Motoadventures have taken over the old Wilderness Wheels location (who have moved to bigger premises round the corner) in Ouarzazate. Motoadventures use KTM, Wilderness Wheels use Honda. Both companies are well regarded.

Also Peter from bikershome.net does tours in the area, either followed by a 4x4 or self-guided with GPS.

Tim

Cheap flight to Marakech and hire an Africa Twin for around 60/70 Euros per day.

hire an Africa Twin for around 60/70 Euros per day.

Tim, have you any details on this ? I used the link that St.Eptoe posted a while ago but they only have Transalps despite listing Africa Twins :(

I've also been on to Bikers Home (he'd prefer if we took a tour) & Wilderness Wheels (no reply yet).

Cheap flight to Marakech and hire an Africa Twin for around 60/70 Euros per day.

who is the carrier into marakech and from what airport? from whom can i hire an africa twin. (i feel plan coming on for a week in may)
thanks

This is the same link that Steptoe posted

Thanks Tim, thought it was. Transalp would certainly be better than the other bike I was offered - Honda CG125 :eek

De Crowe - there'll be an email winging its way to you shortly ;)

who is the carrier into marakech and from what airport? thanks

A good place to find out who fly's where is which budget. Thomson Fly,Easyjet, and Ryanair
are the usual low cost carriers. There's also Atlas Blue and British Airways. We flew with Thomson Fly last november from Manchester for £100 each, including meals. Hope this helps out. If you do go this way, and rent a Transalp, post it up as i've been considering the same thing.:thumb

Thanks Tim, thought it was. Transalp would certainly be better than the other bike I was offered - Honda CG125 :eek

De Crowe - there'll be an email winging its way to you shortly ;)
no sign of it yet, if you need theemail address again, come back to this thread. regards

no sign of it yet, if you need theemail address again, come back to this thread. regards

Sent at 12.11 on the 19th to the addy you posted on another thread :confused: Will ya send it to jochen AT pioneer DOT ie & I'll be straight back to you :thumb

Back
Top Bottom