Mapsource Waypoint symbols

Basic96

Reaction score
Can somebody explain why on my laptop with version 6.11.6 of Mapsource the waypoint symbols are of the latest design.
On my main PC also with Mapsource version 6.11.6 also installed the symbols are of the old design?

Latest icons are in Mapsource 6.12.0 Beta, if you have installed that you will have the latest Icons. When it installs it places a new Mapsouce Icon on the screen.

If I double click on a .gdb Garmin file or on the new desktop icon it will open the 6.12.0 beta version, and I get the new icons.

But if I click in my old Mapsource shortcut I get 6.11.6 with the original icons.

Hope that makes sense/helps…

Does it make a difference to the Waypoints displayed when you download to the GPS? When I plot a route with lots of waypoints and download it, the map on the GPS is cluttered with large (stupid) flags where I have forced the route to go 'my way'. Is there anyway to hide these?

paul :confused:

PaulW;872676 Is there anyway to hide these? paul :confused:[/QUOTE said:
What GPS do you have? IIRC on the 2610 and Quest 1, you can set the scale at which they will disappear and that means you could have them not displayed at all. Look under "map settings" IIRC :eek:

I have the 2820. I will check out your idea tonight when I get home, thanks

Thanks John. I have only had the 2820 for a few days and am new to Garmin stuff. Zoom Level Detail is one of the things I haven't looked at yet.

paul ;)

It helps if you guess that the newer version will be like the old, obsolete version, like what I have. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom