Decisions, decisions

Buzz Lightyear

Reaction score
I'd just put my XT660X up for sale on Auto Trader before I took out a GSA for a spin at my dealer. I left thinking GS or GSA? For a grand more you the bigger tank, wire wheels, better wind protection, cylinder protectors and what appears at the moment rarer but a heavier bulkier bike at lower speeds than the GS. Within two weeks the XT had been swapped for cash. All I had to do was decide which was the right one. The decision process actually started the day I took delivery of the XT. 6 months earlier. There was a GS standing next to it and I wished I'd taken that instead.

This morning my car refused to start and whilst waiting for it to be collected I found myself killing time reading about the reviews on your site when suddenly I was on the phone to my dealer who'd recently told me about their cancelled GSA order had given out my credit card details, arranged insurance and handed the keys of my dead car to my neighbour to look after and was on my way to the train station to collect the beast. I hadn't even told my wife. I arrived at my train station's platform as the train pulled up. I had four tube changes each time there was a train there waiting. I'd never had this luck with the tube before, all going like clockwork, the sun was out, dealer just 2 mins walk away just about to go past my wife's place of work thinking "how am I going to tell her" when she suddenly opened the door and walked out onto the busy pavement in front of me. Equally surprised I had some explaining to do. She came along saw the bike, said she wasn't impressed with what I'd done and would "kill the sales person" and promptly left. The paperwork was done, docs signed, sales person warned to keep a low profile and I was on my way to work on what can only be described as a fantastic and comfortable bike. Riding it home tonight was thoroughly enjoyable. I'm glad to have taken the plunge and now just need to figure out a way to win my wife over!

easy if she don't ride get her some lessons and if she does..................get the lower seat so she can ride yours..............simple....don't see a problem at all...............:D

Welcome Buzz.
oregonian_wave.gif
Great first post. :thumb2

Good luck with the new bike. Or should I wish you good luck with the wife. :D :eek:

Buzz that was a great first post read.

Welcome to the forum and... erm... good luck with the wife. Hope you survive long enough to come back and enjoy the site a little more. ;)

You did the right thing. When I get a customer buying a more expensive bike and they say 'I'll have to speak with the wife' you just know they won't be back!
I always say, buy the bike, she might be grumpy for a day or so but she is unlikely to make you bring it back!;)
Slightly different with XXXX grands worth of GSA though. Brave man:thumb

she wasn't impressed with what I'd done and would "kill the sales person" and promptly left. !

What a day, all the tubes in sync, a new GS, and the wife leaving.

It don't get any better than that :D

To infinity and beyond

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome

I'm pleased I've made the move to become a GS owner, the bikes part of the family, the wife's sort of forgiven my impulse purchase as she thinks I'll be spending less time on the web looking at bikes and rather worryingly has dropped the hint she needs a new watch! I daren't tell her how much I've spent :eek:

Keep up the great work everyone on what's probably the best site around with the best people. :wave :beerjug:

I'm pleased I've made the move to become a GS owner, the bikes part of the family, the wife's sort of forgiven my impulse purchase as she thinks I'll be spending less time on the web looking at bikes and rather worryingly has dropped the hint she needs a new watch! I daren't tell her how much I've spent :eek:
Wel done BUZZ !! Did the same thing myself ! If you have to ask it ain't gonna happen! Mine cost me some bloody expensive German Wardrobes ,Her skiing holiday with friends and a kitchen table!! So go get that watch and call it Quits now!! Enjoy the GSA its a BEAUTY!!:beerjug: :hug :cool :clap

Justr tell her, the worst kind of people are tight with themselves, and she's lucky to have you:thumb

Didn't work for me last time I tried it, but may be worth a go:D

Buzz Lightyear said:
; I'm glad to have taken the plunge and now just need to figure out a way to win my wife over!

Easy, "..................it's a shame you spoilt the surprise but darling, everything I read said that the GSA was THE most comfortable bike for a pillion rider and look, it comes with 2 big make-up bags attached each side of you...........................":D

If it doesn't yet have panniers run out quickly and get some. Plenty of links around here.

Back
Top Bottom