Anyone got AutoRoute 2007?

ballistic

I ain't got no stinkin' visa!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have any of you got AutoRoute 2007?
I bought v2006 when it came out and find that it’s easy to use and has all the features I need, but what I want to know about v2007 is the extent of the mapping/routing in ‘Eastern Bloc’ countries that have been added, i.e. Poland, Hungary, Romania etc.
In v2006, once you went east from Germany, Slovakia, Austria etc. all you got was a straight-line route. Does it now calculate routes correctly? I’ve had a read of the blurb on the Microsoft site and it’s really unclear on this point.
Assuming that it does… I’ll take the plunge.

Yes, it seems to route ok in Poland / Rumania and Hungary. The only thing I found was that in Croatia, the speed attributes for the roads seemed a bit out. That is it showed a motorway, but its speed rating was less than the main roads :confused:

If you've a specific route that you know how long it takes, let me know and I'll try it. BTW the Ukraine / Belarus / Serbia and the BIH are still straight line only.

Yes, it seems to route ok in Poland / Rumania and Hungary. The only thing I found was that in Croatia, the speed attributes for the roads seemed a bit out. That is it showed a motorway, but its speed rating was less than the main roads :confused:

If you've a specific route that you know how long it takes, let me know and I'll try it. BTW the Ukraine / Belarus / Serbia and the BIH are still straight line only.

Thanks for that John,

I've been to Poland and Romania for the last couple of years, but miss the convenience of mucking about trying different routes before I go. I think AutoRoute is ideal for getting an idea of how many miles etc. you can do per day, plus I can do a screenshot and email it to my colleagues for their approval.
One question I forgot... Does it now come on DVD rather than 2 CDs?

Cheers :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom