How do you guys...................

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...........seem to get cheap ferry travel.

Planning my first foreign foray ( Normandy with the missus ) next month and doing some online shopping the ferry prices and eurotunnel ( £229!!) return seemed expensive compared to some of the measly sums paid by those going to Hamme etc.

Best deal I could get was MCN P&O offers £85 return Dover Calais which I was really happy with pricewise. BUT I would really like to go seacat Nehaven Dieppe (£190!!!) as it saves on miles ( she's only done a 12 mile round trip as a pillion so far) but doesn't involve a 5 hour ferry trip. Is it possible to save on cost and miles?

Any tips???..........depart 21st aug and return 26th or 27th.

Plus can anybody recommend some 3 / 4 star accomodation thats near the beach in the Honfleur / Deauville / Trouville or Bayeux area that isn't going to cost more than £75 per night??

Thanks

Hamme as before the school holidays. I booked my cheap crossing earlier in the year when Eurotunnel sell cheaper.

If you want to go to Normandy and prefer to use a western channel crossing, then the operators know that they have a more selective audience and can charge accordingly... especially in August.... and over a BH weekend as well.....

As of now Eurotunnel will cost £148.50 with a amendable ticket, out on the 21st and back 27th... and £88.50 if you come back on the 25th...........

And on www.ferrysavers.com the ferries are pretty much the same.... who said anything about cartels?

Have a look at this through www.ferrysavers.com

CROSSING DETAILS ROUTE OPERATOR DATE TIME PRICE

Outbound Route
Dover-Dunkirk NORFOLKLINE 21/8/2003 08:15 £59.50

Return Route
Dunkirk-Dover NORFOLKLINE 27/8/2003 19:30 £59.50

Unfortunately they don't have the R1150GS in their drop down menu so I chose the inferior R1100GS for the test!

INVICTA MOTO

Thanks for your help with the ferriies and also your reply on accommodation.

Thank christ you didn't say "inferior 1100GS" on beakchat, you would have probably got a right pasting from a few guys!!!!!

Re: INVICTA MOTO

Rushy said:
Thanks for your help with the ferriies and also your reply on accommodation.

Thank christ you didn't say "inferior 1100GS" on beakchat, you would have probably got a right pasting from a few guys!!!!!

Got to keep them on their toes! Deep down they know they are inferior....

Back
Top Bottom