Mixture potentiometer.

ploder

I am a new memeber but have been riding GS's for 3 yrs. I have recently replaced the exhaust on my 1100 so as to do away with the CAT.( german import). On none CAT bikes there is a mixture potentiometer, with screw adjustment, just under the seat on the offside. a mate has adjusted his. mine has no potentiometer fitted, probably because the lambda probe on the exhaust did basically the same thing, to protect the CAT from unburnt fuel. If i was to fit a potentiometer, (the wiring is there already) will it overide the signal that the lambda probe sends to the ECU or will the lambda probe t6ake priority? I have heard that the lambda probe can be removed. Does anybody know if it can? has anybody done it succesfuly?

ploder

Your not a cop are you?

For an answer to your question, have look at some of the other threads on this subject.

I suspect that if the wiring is there for an adjustable whatsit then you ought to be able to rig one up, but be warned, send a wrong signal (voltage) into the ECU and it could end up costing you another ECU.

Back
Top Bottom