Does any know a reasonable tyre fitter (W.London<->Reading area)?

pberrey

Reaction score
I've ordered a set of Michelin Anakees from mytyres.co.uk which were the bargain price of 127 English pounds - delivered. As this was 100 quid cheaper than the last set I had fitted I thought it was worth a shot. However, it seems that tyre shops aren't keen on fitting tyres that weren't purchased from themselves.

Some say no, some say f-off and some say 60 quid. I think 40 quid plus valves should be more than enough (ride in/ride out) afterall it is a 20 minute job and we aren't talking rocket science....

Can anyone recommend somewhere around here?

Cheers.

Paul.

seeing as your saving £100. Why not pay the £60 asked by the fitter. You'll still be £40 better off.
But then again your a cheapskate non-sponsor. So maybe we shouldn't expect anythingless.

Put your hand in your pocket you tosser.:thumb

Tis along way for you but Try FWR Tyres in Kennington....pretty helpful chaps, I've found.02078207818
As for 60 quid....no way.....do not be a mug.

I usually go to Universal Tyres in Staines. £20 fitted balance to loose wheels. You can take them off in the forecourt, if you have the right spanners. They've lent me the ones I was missing and a jack to on sidestand only bikes!

Otherwise, PDQ performance in Taplow seem competitive, or even Solo Motorcycles on the A4 near Taplow station would probably charge about £40 to fit them to the bike is my guess.

Make sure they know they're GS wheels as I seem to remember some shops had trouble fitting them on their machines and ended up damamging them.

The reason why you get quoted £60 is there's so little mark up in the tyres now due to web sales.

HGB in Ruilsip fit for free if you buy from them...................which of course I found out after ordering TKC's from the cheapest place on the web.

There was about a fiver's difference if I'd used HGB to supply and fit...............

mark at ride in tyres is probably the most relible tyre fitter i've used honest opinions and prompt service

Blays Of Twickenham
32-38 The Green
Twickenham
TW2 5AB
telephone: 020 88941397

They have a workshop nearby who fits tyres. they've swapped mine over a few times

seem to remember it was only around a tenner (loose wheels) :thumb2

I forgot about this thread - I only check the website quarterly to post insults to Blowzorn...

Anyway, I dropped it off at Solo MCs on the A4 near Taplow station as this is only down the road from our swanky new crash pad in Bray/Maidenhead. Grabbed a life or death ride into work from the aforementioned forum member (both senses of the word) and got dropped off afterwards. They've done a good job and charged 20/wheel which I think is reasonable for ride in/ride out.

My standard tyre process from now on will be order from mytyres.co.uk and get them fitted at Solo MCs. The convenience is spot on and it is still cheaper that 90% of places.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom