Jobs in Cumbria

From what I've seen on the North West news etc its Sellafield or something supporting it or tourism. Apart from the odd bits a pieces like the subs at Barrow.

Try a search for the type of work / area in Monster jobs.com or hays.com or similar recritment wesbite. This will give a feel for what is out there in Cumbria and you can usually set the system to e-mail alert you of opportunities in your field of interest. Easier & cheaper than buying newspapers !

What work are you after?
As was mentioned sellafield is the main employer on the west coast. But down Barrow in furness 'Vickers ' has won some major defense orders so work down there is booming. for the right trades.:beer:

What work are you after?
As was mentioned sellafield is the main employer on the west coast. But down Barrow in furness 'Vickers ' has won some major defense orders so work down there is booming. for the right trades.:beer:

Well it all depends really, I am a time served apprentice and have 20 experiance with engineering and also commercial vehicles, held my Class One licence for the same amount of time.

Currently I am a Senior Project Coordinator in an engineering office, and have been at the same company over 17 years and to be honest, quite fancy a career change. Maybe away from engineering, dunno?

Mrs BTBR & I have always liked this part of the world so we have had thoughts of upping sticks and relocating :nenau

Quite happy to think that I could turn my hands to most things though. :thumb

Apprenticship... Fitter? or what?
Any trade is sought after at sellafield. Very good payers ,(especially for what they do........but we wont go into that.)
If your interested ill get some agency emails and contacts for you... Always a lot of construction work going on on site .... And big changes are coming soon.... So book your place early. :bounce1

Some excellent roads up here as well!!!!!

There are usually vacancies for LGV Drivers up there, especially for hauling livestock. WM Armstrong is a big company in that area if you fancy giving that a punt.
BNFL (are they still called that?) Sellafield is always an engineering option and there will very probably be construction work available there pretty soon.

Being from Northumberland originally, and visiting the Lakes a couple of times every year since I moved away, I try to keep up to date with what's available up there with a view of moving back soon........but I've been saying that for the last 20 years:mmmm

Good luck with your plans Alan. That'll be a cracking ride to get my next set of lights fitted:thumb

Back
Top Bottom