….. and Another Newbie

Beachcomber

Hi there everybody, great to join the collective bunch of BMW owners.

I picked my bike up last night. GS1200 Adventure in steal blue

I have been interested in reading about some of the corrosion issues you guys have suffered. Do they really degrade that quickly or is it a few owners who don’t look after the machine so well?

I washed my bike this evening to remove some of the salt, guess I’ll try some of the ACF 50 spray to help reduce the long-term corrosion effects.

Welcome Beachcomber :thumb2

Did you collect ya 'bike from the sarth coast? It'll want more than ACF50 :eek:

All the best, hope you get loadsa miles'n smiles with your new 'bike...

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

Good to see you've washed up here. Were you at the launch of your bike. :D

Hello mate , welcome to the site :beerjug:

Yes they do tend to carrode easily ,especially the bolt heads , its covered in acf50 after every wash and spray polished with autoglym from new but still has problems :(

Other than that its fine :thumb2

Have a beer anyway :beer:

Hello & Welcome.....:beerjug:

Interestingly, a noted outboard motor manufacturer, (Mercury) doing salt water testing for their Mariner line. Noted that salt damage occured in the very early hours of exposure. As noted in a previous post, this was accelerated in a hot water solution......

QUOTE]

Funny - it looked like a 1200RT to me so feck off and join their forum:dabone

.......sorry, maybe I should have been a little nit more "gentle"

I have been interested in reading about some of the corrosion issues you guys have suffered. Do they really degrade that quickly or is it a few owners who don’t look after the machine so well?

I washed my bike this evening to remove some of the salt, guess I’ll try some of the ACF 50 spray to help reduce the long-term corrosion effects.

Very droll!:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum beachcomber. 'Steal' or no steal I'm sure you'll find plenty to do here to keep you occupied. :thumb

:)

Back
Top Bottom