Where to buy a Zumo 550

mandoonsouf

Reaction score
I have (with much pestering) persuaded the gf that GPS could be useful and as she would use it herself in the car, she may even pay half the cost!

Has anybody got an idea of where the best deals might be - mynewcheap.co.uk looks ok.

2 questions -
Can they be powered from the bike or is it an internal battery?
Can the Dianese Airstream bluetooth lids be used to hear the directions?

Ta

Don't buy a Zumo! TomTom Rider more advanced with bluetooth mobile text messaging facility on screen! You can receive, read, reply on touch screen whilst on the road in a very noisy world!

Don't buy a Zumo! TomTom Rider more advanced with bluetooth mobile text messaging facility on screen! You can receive, read, reply on touch screen whilst on the road in a very noisy world!
Quite apart from the well-documented Tom-Tom Rider cradle failure issues, R U Mad? Using SMS on a bike while riding? Or am I missing something? :nenau

Zumo has PC mapping, Tomtom Rider hasn’t

Tomtom Rider suffers a dodgy mount, so far the Zumo doesn’t

Zumo has decent product support, Tomtom Rider doesn’t

www.handtec.co.uk are as cheap as anyone and they delivered SWMBO's Nuvi 310 DeLuxe in two days ;)

The Zumo 500 DeLuxe with Euro maps on DVD is a real bargain at under £400

Gone with it

www.handtec.co.uk are as cheap as anyone and they delivered SWMBO's Nuvi 310 DeLuxe in two days ;)

The Zumo 500 DeLuxe with Euro maps on DVD is a real bargain at under £400

Just made the order - quote from their website "Connect zumo to your Bluetooth-enabled headset/helmet and cell phone to make and receive hands-free calls. You can even make phone calls to POIs through zumo’s Bluetooth interface. In addition, zūmo transmits navigation voice prompts to your headset so you can listen wirelessly."

I am assuming that Dianese helmets with built in Bluetooth stuff will work with the Zumo - else I can send it back.

After edit - the techies say it should work else send it back.

By the way - its a small world - I spent Christmas just up the road - Haworth 's Old White Lion - great pub!

Last edited:
Quite apart from the well-documented Tom-Tom Rider cradle failure issues, R U Mad? Using SMS on a bike while riding? Or am I missing something? :nenau

With a mobile tucked inside your insulated bike jacket, you won't be able to notice or feel its vibrations when a text message arrives! TomTom Rider is handy in that it flashes a message that you have a text message! Just pull over and read, compose and reply to a message on touch screen without the need to remove your jacket, gloves to take out your mobile and be exposed to freezing or wet weather! ;)

With a mobile tucked inside your insulated bike jacket, you won't be able to notice or feel its vibrations when a text message arrives! TomTom Rider is handy in that it flashes a message that you have a text message! Just pull over and read, compose and reply to a message on touch screen without the need to remove your jacket, gloves to take out your mobile and be exposed to freezing or wet weather! ;)

Why are people such slaves to their mobile phones?

Surely it's possible to go for a ride and be 'out of contact' for an hour or so?

You know, just 'cos a phone rings, you don't have to rush to answer it if you're busy doing something else. The other person will always call again.

It's similar to this mad obsession with bottled water. Why do you see so many folk walking around clutching a small plastic bottle of water? we don't live in a desert where there is risk of immediate dehydration.

Fashion victims all.

I am so stooopid

Having ordered the thing (being assured that the bluetooth stuff will work with a Dainese lid) I realise that the pillions lid cannot be paired to at the same time -
can a tiny earpiece be used at the same time I wonder???? hmmm????

Its arrived!

What a lot of bits there are in the box. That takes care of what to do this evening then.

Wheres the code

The DVD says I will need a 25 character unlock code - cannot see it anywhere.:blast

Back
Top Bottom