Diesel Off-roader. Used by forces: what is it?

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
And are they for sale to the general public?

I've just read about some sort of Kwak KLR 650 converted to run on Diesel. Can you buy these, or must you have a MOD contract?

As far as cheap transport is concerned, it all sounds intriguing. Any ideas on what it is called and who sells them?

Might not make big power, but I bet the torque makes up for it!

I read about them before, one fuel type is the reason as far as I know, one of our
students is doing a project on building a Diesel Yanmar engined GS that will
run on Bio-Diesel. I'm trying to arrange it so I'll end up with it.:D
There is a company in, I think in Sweden, building Diesel powered sports bikes.

Diesel Bike write up

no it is the HDT from the states Diesel and a KTM Military

and with a bit of luck here should be a irish pic of one and the KTM 400 military

Attachments

• KTM-DIESEL.jpg
    KTM-DIESEL.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 747
Diesel Bike

I saw a diesel prototype about 5 years ago. The rider said the vibrations were awful (white knuckle syd) but the torque was arm wrenching. I wonder have they got them in service now.?

Wonder how long the chains last with a big diesel thumper ?.

The brochure says the 0 - 60 time is ten seconds so that should dissuade most readers from using one - who wants to be overtaken by a Gilera 50?

Funny, I never knew Gilera buit a bike ready for the battlefield ??

Seen a few of the Dutch army contingent riding past me during last years excercise enduring help (Army charity 24 hour offroad event) on those nice KTM's, made me look like I was going backwards. Kinda embarrassed us on our UK military issue 350cc H-D's.

Dutch ARMY KTM 400gs

is that event still held ? Exercise enduring help ?

Pukmeister Funny, I never knew Gilera buit a bike ready for the battlefield ??

Seen a few of the Dutch army contingent riding past me during last years excercise enduring help (Army charity 24 hour offroad event) on those nice KTM's, made me look like I was going backwards. Kinda embarrassed us on our UK military issue 350cc H-D's.

Back
Top Bottom