Dianese lids and Zumos

mandoonsouf

Reaction score
Before I get in touch with Garmin support, has anybody managed to pair a Zumo up to a Airstream lid? I was trying last night and the Zumo could not detect any local devices.

I have a feeling that I am wasting my time, in which case I am assuming that a Bluetooth ear-piece thingy might be necessary - any thoughts? :nenau

Dainese

Do a search on here, i'm sure ive read somewhere about a software download for pairing the 2820 with a dainese lid so i assume there must be one for the zumo.:thumb

I just found this on a site for you from garmin.

When connecting the nolan/dainese helmet to the zumo you will need to do the following.
Make sure that both zumo and helemt are fully charged.
The zumo should be on and ready to search for bluetooth headsets.
Press and hold the on button on the nolan/dainese you will hear first one bleep, the led will be flashing fairly fast but keep holding and you will then hear a 2nd bleep keep holding again and you will hear a 3rd bleep. This is when you need to press search for devices on the zumo. Now if for some reason the zumo struggles to find the helmet then cancel on the zumo and research and you should be ok.
You will need to make sure that the zumo is on the latest software version otherwise they won't connect properly.
To do this please download the webupdater program from here http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp Save and then install the program. Then run the program and connect the unit to the pc and follow the step by step instructions.

:thumb2

I see that on the Zumo that the software version is 2.30 (I have just bought it!) and the version on the Garmin site is 2.5 as of 8th Dec 06.

I try the pairing up with the lid as set up at the moment.

Thanks for the info :thumb2

Close but no coconut

When connecting the nolan/dainese helmet to the zumo you will need to do the following.
Make sure that both zumo and helemt are fully charged.
The zumo should be on and ready to search for bluetooth headsets.
Press and hold the on button on the nolan/dainese you will hear first one bleep, the led will be flashing fairly fast but keep holding and you will then hear a 2nd bleep keep holding again and you will hear a 3rd bleep. This is when you need to press search for devices on the zumo. Now if for some reason the zumo struggles to find the helmet then cancel on the zumo and research and you should be ok.
You will need to make sure that the zumo is on the latest software version otherwise they won't connect properly.
To do this please download the webupdater program from here http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp Save and then install the program. Then run the program and connect the unit to the pc and follow the step by step instructions.

:thumb2

This must but on the right lines - the Zumo found a device (it displayed an id) which I am assuming was the lid.
It then asked for a code - I believe that this is 1234. Then it tries to pair to the device and FAILS every time.

Do you have a link for the pages where you found these instructions please?

try 0000 for the code if 1234 does not work,

Try 0000 like mentioned already. This should work if not then i'd suggest phoning garmin and talking to phil he's the biker guy.

Hope this helps.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom