Insurance premiums

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just contacted Carole Nash-my insurers,to find out what next years premium might be,although renewal date is 2 months away,WOW! I've had my adventure 10 months!
I paid an "extra" £97 on this years premium when I traded my 955 tiger for the GS,total payable this year £525 fekkin ell!
Anyways those nice people at Carole Nash have informed me that come october I'll owe them roughly "less than £450",they couldn't be more precise as due to "market changes this could go up or down!
My bike is garaged,fitted with a Datatool system 3 alarm/immobiliser,I have 3 years no claims,bike valued at £8.5k with a £250 excess, and I am considered of mature age,and reside in a Cardiff Cf postcode,
Interestingly,they saw no need to add to the premium in respect of the 3 points I have just been awarded to my licence by those nice er,bastards at the "safety camera initiative"(don't start me off on that one!)neither did Carole Nash feel the need to extract more money due to the Y-piece Remus and K&N modifications I have made,I invite you all to laugh out loud at this outrageous daylight robbery,but what are you paying ? :confused:

2001 1150GS, bike left outside on drive, ground anchor and chain, datatag, no alarm, Remus and Y, 1 year NCB, "mature" rider, £175 excess.....

£245 - Bennetts, underwritten by Norwich Union.

They saw you coming

1 Fault claim, (in a car)
3 points,
No Alarm,
Full NCB
Garaged
CF Post code
Includes TP only on DRZ400
Age (How dare you)

320 quid

BMW Rydale via RSED

£423 at rydales

protected no claims included

and they know about me pipe (did'nt tell about the slippers though!)

quite pleased with that as an old slow geezer!

thats with the bike valued at £11000 including extras:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

'02 1150
Garaged
Datatool3
Datatag
6 yrs NCB [actually 10 but the max they will take is 6]
£300 excess
Remus declared
3 points
Area Buckinghamshire/High Wycombe

£187 Fully Comp and I'm in me 40's!
Motorcycle Direct Insurance Brokers/ Equity Red Star.

Mind you initial quote was £235 from them. Bennets was £179. they came back with the new quote including Legal Claims cover for accidents etc. [ normally £25 after I told them.

'99 1150GS
Garaged
7 yrs NCB [actually 14 but Carole Nash can't count higher]
£250
0 points (although three added this week!!!!!)
Area Kent

£165.50 Fully Comp and I'm in me late 40's! Plus extra £37.50 for 1977 GT750 on same policy.

BMW Insurance with f*ck knows who as I am still waiting for the policy/certificate after weeks and weeks. The cover note says Churchill! At least that was for 60 days duration 31 days after paying!

Carole Nash renewal £250.55 and that includes 1% per £1000 value of the GT..... and they valued it at £900 with a min. of £10!!! So the GS would have been 240.55.

Will shop about again next year!

2 wheel humvee said:
Just contacted Carole Nash-my insurers,to find out what next years premium might be,although renewal date is 2 months away,WOW! I've had my adventure 10 months!
I paid an "extra" £97 on this years premium when I traded my 955 tiger for the GS,total payable this year £525 fekkin ell!
:confused:

Someone at the CN office has obviously seen you out and about with the posse, Steve ;)

Back
Top Bottom