ZUmo owners please

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Connected my Zumo to my mac and it has no probs recognizing the hardware.
Dragged a couple of dozen Tracks from Itunes into the MP3 folder and they aren`t showing when I connect it to the bike.
Any ideas?

make sure the files are mp3. That is the only formate that the Zumo will recognize.

Any Mac experts know if I need to convert the files from my Itunes folder to MP3 or if they are already in that format?

i think

i tunes default is mmc or something like that, but you can easily convert to mp3 in the i tunes program.

I'm no mac expert but when the zumo is plugged in you should be able to see the Zumos memory structure. The MP3 files need to be put into the folder called MP3. If you are using a SD card then just create a folder called mp3 on it. Then transfer your files to this folder. They should have a .mp3 extension if they are mp3 files.

Hope this helps

Martin

you can see from itunes with ?-i (unicode might not work on your browser), command-i what format the song is in...

Probably an AAC file unless you set a preference for mp3 before ripping.

option 1:
If you still have the CDs to hand you can set the advanced preference for burning to mp3/whatever rate you prefer, and re-rip to itunes. Then using the date modified column, drag out all the new mp3 copies to your zumo.

option 2:
You can also make a playlist, then burn the list to an mp3 cd (prefs, advanced burning). Then you'd have a backup cd of the mp3's and a volume you can drag them off to the zumo.

option 1 will sound better with no transcoding, option 2 less bother.

Back
Top Bottom