video bike

garbo

can any body recommend a camcorder 4 a bike and at a reasonble cost
advice would b greatly received thank you garbo:)

Taking this one step further, what about a helmet cam? IMHO it seems that footage shot from the helmet is much better and much more watchable, a la Race to Dakar and Long Way Round. Can a Camcorder and helmet camera be done at decent quality and amateur price?

thanks

thanks andy:thumb can u point me the rite direction :blast not sure where 2 go garbo:thumb2

can any body recommend a camcorder 4 a bike and at a reasonble cost
advice would b greatly received thank you garbo:)

I've been thinking about this arrangment:
This with this, no moving parts and power it from the bike.:thumb2

thanks

thanks audioman:thumb2 just looked them up av 2 start saving up now or
the swmbo wil :thedummy :thedummy garbo:bounce1

I sold a complete system to MrIFan a few months ago. It worked really well. I used the RF concepts bullet camera, microphone and sport controller all linked upto a Canon camcorder. If you buy a canon make sure it has the i after the number, this designates it as having an external input. the sport controller is an essential as well, it allows you to switch the camera on and off, put the camera into sleep mode and start/stop recording all from a single button. Mine had an 8hour battery fitted but I know the guys using Sony cameras can link them upto the bikes battery easily.

A Complete Kit for Motorbikes

My new company The Experience Organisation has put together complete compact recording kits that do not need a camcorder as they record footage directly onto SD cards or DVDs. We currently sell these into the car driving experience industry but will soon have a kit available for motorbikes and may even supply them with the BMW connectors already fitted so you can simply plug in, switch on and go. As soon as we are ready to sell these i will post a notice.

My new company The Experience Organisation has put together complete compact recording kits that do not need a camcorder as they record footage directly onto SD cards or DVDs. We currently sell these into the car driving experience industry but will soon have a kit available for motorbikes and may even supply them with the BMW connectors already fitted so you can simply plug in, switch on and go. As soon as we are ready to sell these i will post a notice.

Is it some thing like this ?:nenau

I've found a couple of solutions but there are pitfalls to them all

Helmit cams (note the spelling) are all well and good but the wires and battery packs are a nightmare and you have the recorder also which has to be able to take an external source. plus the bag full of connectors... and a lanc controller to worry about....

my solution is helmet cam for picture, hard disc recorder Archos 504 (4 hours) for example as storage with the audio output from my autocom system plugged into it. works alright but nothing is as simple as they make it out....

best of luck have a look at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXARyxgXHxQ

some of that was shot with helmet cams

BE AWARE if you buy a hardisc recorder to make sure it's got some industry standard codec's or prepare yourself for lots of swearing, hours of hassle, stress and more swearing....

Fitzy,

I'm only in Worcester. Any chance I could come over and have a look sometime? I'm in Leamington at least 2 or 3 times a month for work.

Fitzy, would the system support circular recording so that when the card is full it goes back to the beginning and starts again, thus effectively keeping a record just of the last N minutes of the journey? (Or do they all do that, I've no idea.)

you could wirte some code for it but a large storage unit DVR can do up to 20 hours recording in one hit. I think the battery would run out before hand... you need to consider donor power from bike via some form of transformer as we blew up several units figuring out how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom