Photo Rally 2007

w00kie

Reaction score
For those of you that didn't spot this on IBF, the list for the 2007 Photo Rally is out (and attached). The basic idea is that you have to visit each of the 24 locations on the list (GPS coords included) and take a picture of the monument (or whatever) with your bike in the picture. Some of them might involve some light off-roading but nothing that any road bike couldn't handle.

In 2006, I got 19 of the 24 :( , mainly because I did the easy ones during the summer and left the rest too late. It's a great idea and you wouldn't believe some of the places you'll see within a day's ride.

Attachments

• Photo Rally 2007.pdf
    134.5 KB · Views: 496
  • Photo Rally 2007 Page 2.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 257
Do I have to hold a copy of that days Irish Times to proce it's all done in the one day?

Do I have to hold a copy of that days Irish Times to proce it's all done in the one day?

You'd definitely win a prize if you did it all in one day :eek: and get the Iron Butt award. :eek

You don't have to do them in one day, you just have to have them all done by November. I'd say you should aim to do 2 or 3 on a day's run, keeping the faraway ones for a weekend trip.

You'd definitely win a prize if you did it all in one day :eek: and get the Iron Butt award. :eek

You don't have to do them in one day, you just have to have them all done by November. I'd say you should aim to do 2 or 3 on a day's run, keeping the faraway ones for a weekend trip.
We'll have to have a go at that this year, should get close to some of
them just doing runs I'm already signed up for.:thumb

2007 Photo Rally

This is apparently a great event - or so I've been told.
You have from now 'till Nov to do the event.
It is straight forward with a minimum of red tape.
The two guys who organise it are GS riders.
Get out there and give it a go.

Could this thread be made sticky for a while, please:thumb2

Daithi
You'll enjoy the Fermanagh location; possibly not tough enough for you. The organisers tell me they are getting a bit of stick from some people about the lack of tarmac on some tracks. The event is for all from Garelli 50's to Gold Wings, so the locations have to be reasonably accessable, pity that.

Thanks....

to wOOkie for posting the PDFs and to DodsyGeeSer for saving me a lot of typing :thumb

Oh dear, another excuse for getting out on the bike :augie

GerryC said:
The event is for all from Garelli 50's to Gold Wings, so the locations have to be reasonably accessable, pity that.

I wonder would the organisers have enough 'off track' locations from years gone by to make a GS Photo Rally ? :D

Back
Top Bottom