need some gentle off road stuff

k12pfc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know we can still ride parts of the ridgeway but I don't know what parts, can anyone help me?

Surely your closer to Salisbury Plain aren't you if you just want to get your bike off road for the first time ?

Surely your closer to Salisbury Plain aren't you if you just want to get your bike off road for the first time ?

Yes quite close, never been off road on salisbury plain, so any advice as to where to start/finish would be appeciated.

Its a great place to start. I've never been to the Ridgeway but seen lots of pictures of grassy tracks across fields and thats not always the easest of stuff to ride on. Providing the weathers not too bad we're going to have a ride over the plain on Wed 28th. At this time of year I would have thought you'd need TKC's though.

I know we can still ride parts of the ridgeway but I don't know what parts, can anyone help me?

You can't ride any of the actual "Ridgeway" until 1st May - then it's basically the Wiltshire and Berkshire ends - the Oxfordshire section is now a Restricted Byway.

Its a great place to start. I've never been to the Ridgeway but seen lots of pictures of grassy tracks across fields and thats not always the easest of stuff to ride on. Providing the weathers not too bad we're going to have a ride over the plain on Wed 28th. At this time of year I would have thought you'd need TKC's though.

Gonna show my ignorance here so apologies, what are "TKC's"? I went to Salisbury plain for a look today, where are we allowed to ride? is it only byways? On the 28th what sort of tracks will you be riding? If I can get the time off I would like to join you if that's ok.

Gonna show my ignorance here so apologies, what are "TKC's"? I went to Salisbury plain for a look today, where are we allowed to ride? is it only byways? On the 28th what sort of tracks will you be riding? If I can get the time off I would like to join you if that's ok.

TKC80.......Continental knobbly tyre :thumb

cont_tkc80_dual_sport_rr_tire.gif

Here is a few pictures of the last time Trippy and i went up - back in september

P9210492.jpg

P9210507.jpg

P9210516.jpg

P9210522.jpg

P9210527.jpg

P9210528.jpg

Great pics, I can see why knobblies are required, probably leave it till the summer, just got my new 12gs and they put stupid dunlops on it, almost look like road tyres!

Oh I miss that bike :(
My new bike came with Tournances on and their great but the TK's are going on next Tuesday :thumb

Oh I miss that bike :(
My new bike came with Tournances on and their great but the TK's are going on next Tuesday :thumb

Had Tourances on my old 12gs, trusted them on the road and never let me down off road, Dunlops seem ok on the road but no grip on wet off road conditions, gonna have to run them out though.

Back
Top Bottom