South Island Adventure Ride

kiwiAdventure

Reaction score
The photo's are from our ride down the bottom of the South Island
The HP went great, used no oil in 3k of hard riding. Even the rear tyre held up well. Thank god for the carbin head protectors they took some hard hits worked great. I would never go back to bars again.

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01790.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

Safari164.jpg

Safari130.jpg

Safari45.jpg

Safari48.jpg

Safari17.jpg

Safari62.jpg

Safari61.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

Safari140.jpg

Safari141.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

Great photos, bike looks well used. Whose that you riding with?

P.S. Good look using the "sporty off-road" headlight protector :augie

Great photos, bike looks well used. Whose that you riding with?

P.S. Good look using the "sporty off-road" headlight protector :augie

Young Michael from Kea.

The bike does look new again after a two week clean. I've put the motard wheels back on for a spin this weekend.:clap

Excellent shots, reminds me of some of the things we saw, I'd so much love to move out there...

where did you take them? My wife thinks Nevis Pass possibly???

Excellent shots, reminds me of some of the things we saw, I'd so much love to move out there...

where did you take them? My wife thinks Nevis Pass possibly???

Most of the pictures are from Cromwell down to Gore and across to Manapouri and Te Anau for the first 2 days then back to Cromwell off road to Kingston then up the side of Hector Mountains which is above the Nevis Road
then down the Nevis Road to Cromwell. This took 12 hours of steep farm trackes some just sheep tracks, getting lost and crossing 29 river crossings.

The following pictures are all of the Nevis Road

Very top of the Hector Mountains which is also part of the Remarkables
DSC01802.jpg

Looking down on the Nevis Road
DSC02769.jpg

Looking from the top of Hector Mountains done on Lake Wakatipu
DSC01799.jpg

Safari173.jpg

Safari168.jpg

Some of the old gold mining gear
Safari174.jpg

Safari175.jpg

looks like scottieland.......but warmer.......just ;)

The garden sheds much bigger than Den's too :)

Most of the pictures are from Cromwell down to Gore and across to Manapouri and Te Anau for the first 2 days then back to Cromwell off road to Kingston then up the side of Hector Mountains which is above the Nevis Road
then down the Nevis Road to Cromwell. This took 12 hours of steep farm trackes some just sheep tracks, getting lost and crossing 29 river crossings.

The following pictures are all of the Nevis Road

Very top of the Hector Mountains which is also part of the Remarkables
DSC01802.jpg

Looking down on the Nevis Road
DSC02769.jpg

Looking from the top of Hector Mountains done on Lake Wakatipu
DSC01799.jpg

Safari173.jpg

Safari168.jpg

Some of the old gold mining gear
Safari174.jpg

Safari175.jpg

I'll let her know she was right then :D

We drove the Nevis Road a couple of years back. well worth the trip the views are incredible!

Lots of the North and the South Island looks like Scotland... aided a lot by all the thistles you will see.

definately going to have to arrange to go back there sometime.

those pics have certainly wetted my appetite :thumb2

off to nz for 3 weeks soon , 1 week on a bike touring the south island , (well as much as possible )

kiwi , do you have any good advice ,for routes etc , bearing in mind i dont want to wreck kea's bike :rolleyes: i have milford sound on my list of places and the coromandle , just need to join them up:nenau

cheers mike

Excellent. Great post and Photo's NZ looks beautiful:thumb

those pics have certainly wetted my appetite :thumb2

off to nz for 3 weeks soon , 1 week on a bike touring the south island , (well as much as possible )

kiwi , do you have any good advice ,for routes etc , bearing in mind i dont want to wreck kea's bike :rolleyes: i have milford sound on my list of places and the coromandle , just need to join them up:nenau

cheers mike

The Guy in the first photo with the KTM who I ride with owns Kea (small world)

[ kiwi , do you have any good advice ,for routes etc , bearing in mind i dont want to wreck kea's bike :rolleyes: i have milford sound on my list of places and the coromandle , just need to join them up:nenau

cheers mike[/QUOTE]

Only one week in the South Island. I take it you will get the bike from Christchurch. What type of riding would you like gravel or main roads. You are asking a lot to go to Milford and back in a week as well see other areas.

Kea will not be hiring bikes after July 07.

Fantastic shots of a great part of the world.
Let us know next time there is a rally planned.
I would really like to get over for one:thumb

wow

very very nice...now a fovorite in my event agenda....:thumb2

Fantastic photos !
Great report; thanks for sharing it!
Unreal riding conditions

Cheers,
Dave

Great photos! It brought back fond memories of my 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand last November, 2 of which were on the South Island by bike:)

Awsome pictures it just make me feel like getting on the bike and go find some gravel

Slippy

Back
Top Bottom