general bad service from BMW dealers

joe-he

12 arial

My Gs is on 46000 miles and have had new since 00 (only riden it for 2years though :eek:(damm doctors), and im currently using my 4th garage to service the bike!!!!

First one was RGS tooting, they just sucked at everything possible apart from taking your money. Fortunately now closed.

Second one Vines of guildford. You will get charged for things they don't do, try marking changeable parts with UV pen it will surprise you. Bike went in with a surging prob, not the normal surging prob. The nice one that went from tickover to 4000 rpm, made corners very interesting. There verdict, the bike was running perfectly lol. Strange how it was just before the end of the warranty.. Took bike straight to another dealer and they fixed it under warranty, minor things like a CO pot, TPS, and part of wiring loom left side; strange that.

Here I thought that the light was the end of the tunnel, Moved over to Park West, the ones that fixed previous prob. Things were great the service was excellent and actually trusted them. Then they moved to their new location on great west road.
Customer service became non exsistant. If you like being hung up on or messages never returned, give them a ring. The quality of the service also took a nose dive, they will give your bike back still needing parts and never contact you again. The bike had started sounding like a singer sewing machine or a honda, they also said nothing wrong with it; just old, I should trade it in for new one grrrrrr.

Sorry to rant, on to next garage, a non main dealer. At this point I had had enough of being F****d by BMW. Bracken Motorcycles of bermondsey. Excellent. The best I have ever been treated by a garage. They could hear the very loud nocking in the engine, which I could hear and feel at 3000rpm. They changed a lot of the valve train i.e. rockers, followers, and a cam. Runs like new again. Also they gave me the old parts and I could see the damage. (maybe 1125 miles 2 up at a ton+ in a day was excesive!) Only down side they dont wash your bike, but im not that lazy.

Beware of main dealers!!!!! Expect incompetence you will never be disappointed.

Ha F*Ck!n ha

sorry to hear of you experience, take a look at mine!

I'll be out and about giving out leaflets.....how about u?

Bad service!!!

Hey Joe,
I think you will find that when Park West BMW fixed your bike Paul Kemp and Pat Keenan were looking after the workshop.
Shortly before the move from Chiswick both left and it went tits up, as they say!
Pat has set up a mobile unit (Mobitec) http://www.mobilemotorcycleservicing.com/History.htm
which still supplies a top quality BMW service but brings it to your door and won't rip you off. Plenty of satisfied customers.
You pay for what you get, but you get what you pay for...
Another Pat.

And they still have knee caps

I think it should be made legal to knee cap people who give bad service lol.

thesanguine, How did you put up with your troubles for so long, im not that patient.

Another bizarre feature with my Gs whilst it was being serviced by Vines was its air box used to fill up with water when riden in rain, it has not happened since. Vines said it was a feature of the Gs rofl; "The water runs along the telelever into the snorkel." Do they really think were muppets.

I know it is a trek, but I use (with FULL satisfaction) CW in Dorchester. A good excuse for a couple of days away and a service.

Joe,

I had no option really but to remain patient. Other than taking the law into my own hands I guess.

Still, I won in the end!

Back
Top Bottom