Faro, Potugal?

Hogswine

Is anyone planning to go, or already has been in the past years, to the "Moto Clube Faro" bash?
A few years ago I just happend to be in the area the weekend it was on. I now have the time and moneyand fancy making the trip on my bike and wondered if anyone had tips on places to visit and stay en-route. Any input would be appreciated!

Best run in europe well organised good bands been there 3 times and loved every minute

hints
heat can hit 40c :Motomartin , you dont realise until you get off bike and nearly calapse dangerous
check for scorpians before pitching tent good fun to here wife screem:D
take ear plugs crazy for bike revving on a night
have water handy in tent incase fireworks from neighbering tent catches fire
big hammer to put pegs in ground solid
free food included in price thats breakfast dinner tea well organised
great bands on stage
sprinkler systems fitted in tents to help you cool down switched on every 15 mins
take binos which will help you see stage from far away (when lesbo strippers on :thumb2 ) as wife does not like to be close to stage when such filth is on :mad:
even get free badge free mug free postcard and free beer with entrance :beer: 33 pints last time as wife and mates mrs dont like beer :bow they do like bacardi though :blast
place full of angels :angel but not rusty ones
well thats all i can remember
will miss this year too many work commitments
i could always go to durham bikewise but that is not the same???

I have been to faro five times the best was in 95 my first time.the last time i was there was in 2005 it is to big now a noisy dust bowl. find somewhere else to camp .The campsite in olhao is very good or the one in albufeira. Even bsh mag who run a trip every year are going to camp off site.

Thanks John, Any advice or tips on routes or places to visit?

Salamanca is a good place to stop.The n435 from zafra to huelva is one of the best roads in spain. toledo is a good place to visit. pamplona bull run san fermin is one of the best partys in europe the 7th of july it starts and runs for 7 days.

was there in 2002,everyone should do it once and rallies arnt really my thing,dont forget the open air showers.a good reason to get up at 7am and offer to go and get everyones breakfast/coffee/tea.the nubile young senoiritas soaping up in nothing but bikini bottoms was a sight to behold :bow not too sure ill ever forget the fifty odd year old frauliens soaping up completly starkers either.some things can scar a mans mind pretty deeply :eek:

Hogswine you have got to go as others have said its just a great party. I used to live out there and all of the south coast (Algarve) seems to get caught up in the atmosphere. When i used to travel back and forth from the UK i would catch the ferry from/to Bilbao and ride right up through the central part of Portugal and then into northen Spain, Great roads great people no matter which road i took the country side allways amazed me. As for places to stay never had to much of a problem finding somewhere would just find a local tourist info and they would book me into a hotel or B/B.Have a good trip. Oh yes it does get bloody hot.

I did it last year k**kin ace i came back though
italy.swizerland,germany and france but remember if you do go
take your ear plugs cause they play metal and hard rock all
night at stadium levels and make sure you have always got plenty of water
cause it gets a little warm:eek:

Yep, I've done it

I went in '97 when it was A LOT smaller (still big).
That year I took the Portsmouth - Bilbao mini cruise ferry, then two days across Spain.
Tip: Look for a small town called Zafra in Southern Spain, you will pass through it to Faro. Instead of continuing south turn off the main route here and head south-west to Huelva on the south coast, it's a cracking switchback mountain road, also the first time I really noticed GS. There was a couple on one that really embarrassed the sportos!

I went again in 2000, with the newly aquired soon to be wife, who also loved the trip. We went on the BSH trip through France and Spain. She enjoyed the travel and scenery, but was a bit bored at Faro as sitting drinking all day isn't her thing. Best bit was the Pyrenees and I am going there this year again, can't wait.

Tips: drink LOTS of water, use loads of sun cream, sit under the sprinklers in the beer tent, take cold showers daily to cool you head/brain to avoid sunstroke and I agree with the earplugs but I just got drunk instead.
Food on site is iffy but there's a cracking Chinese at the back of the site.

Who's going then ?

Moto Clube Faro 26th international rally & 16th motorcycle show :Motomartin

As the title says, though I suspect many from the UK will have set off already, I'm setting off Thursday as its only 5 hours riding. :beer:

10am Thursday 19th July, to 2pm Sunday 22nd july, Faro, Algarve, Portugal :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom