Lunch at the Log Cabin Hotel:

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sunday 11th March is "Lunch at the Log Cabin" day in the BMW Club calendar. Meet there for 12:30.

Those Not going to the Scottish Motorcycle Show on Sunday might like to head for Kirkmichael (on the A924 between Blairgowrie and Pitlochry).

After lunch I will be heading to Ranoch Station to check out the Railway Cafe - Its the afternoon tea stop on a run I'm leading on 8th April.

All "Tossers" welcome - any takers ? :bounce1

Bob.

'Fraid not, Bob.

I'm out on the lash starting in the afternoon on the Saturday and by rights should not be fit to ride on the 11th.

has the wife at the Rannoch railway cafe learned how to smile yet? :)

I dunno - the place was shut :eek:

Had a good attendance at the Log Cabin today - eight bikes, plus a couple of cars (and before anyone says I can't count - I took the picture before Bill Gault arrived on his K100).

I was on the R80RT as the 100GS is in bits for its Spring Service. It is interesting to compare the 1988 'RT' with the 2006 model.

After lunch I went up to Pitlochry for fuel and then on to Rannoch Station. Not a soul in sight. Its a bleak bit of road - but there was hardly any traffic to compensate.

From there I returned along the south side of Loch Rannoch, past Schiehallion to Fortingall, where I stopped to view whats left of the 5,000 year old Yew Tree.

From there, up Glen Lyon, down to the A827 and on to Killin. There was snow on the hills and it got quite cold up around the dam at Lochan na Lairigh.

From Killin I joined the A85 and headed towards Stirling then home down the M90.

260 miles in pouring rain - not a day for pictures but I managed a few.

The river is the tailrace from Rannoch Power Station.

I for one am looking forward to some dry miles - roll on Spring.

Pictures follow - I'll have to split them over two posts.

Bob.

Attachments

• DSCN3500A.jpg
    DSCN3500A.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN3502A.jpg
    DSCN3502A.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN3506A.jpg
    DSCN3506A.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN3509A.jpg
    DSCN3509A.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN3511A.jpg
    DSCN3511A.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 111
More pics from 11th March 2007:

A couple more just to finish off.

I'm on a tour of Lancashire with the BMW Club next weekend - Hopefully I'll be able to put a few pics up after that.

Bob.

Attachments

• DSCN3513A.jpg
    DSCN3513A.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN3515A.jpg
    DSCN3515A.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 112
Voyager says
'After lunch I will be heading to Ranoch Station to check out the Railway Cafe'

I think your afetr the wife in that cafe Bob :augie but it obvious she kens yer comon' and shuts the doors ,lol.:D

Nice of you to photie my bikes guid side,lol. needed its face washed tho.
It was a very good meet at the Log Cabins and as said for my sins,i've re-joined the BMW Club :bounce1 :clap (for the third time ,'74,'97 and '07),when I got home.:thumb2

Nice pics Bob, but why the Yellow Horse? Just 'cos the Bumble Bee's only a single spark!!!!! :tears :tears :tears
BB

And to keep the peace . . . Here is a picture of Ron's 'Bumble Bee' at the Log Cabin yesterday - partly obscured by Steve Shepley's F650.

So to be fair - here is also a better picture of Ron's bike, with Ron, in a warmer and drier season.

Attachments

• DSCN3505A.jpg
    DSCN3505A.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1495A.jpg
    DSCN1495A.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 77
Voyager, is that last photo a pic of the Square in Alyth?

Back
Top Bottom